Limoservicerome or Romaclick?

Feb 2nd, 2005, 02:01 PM
Original Poster

Limoservicerome or Romaclick?

Hi all

Our trip is fast approching & I have a few more questions for the experts.

We need to have a car to transport us to Fiumicino from our hotel. We had originally thought we would just take the train but it doesn't run as early as we need. So, I've looked into a few different private drivers. Romaclick is the cheapest by 6E. Has anyone used them before? I know that limoservicerome gets alot of good reviews from here & I'm wondering if I should just book with them & pay a little more? If anyone has successfully used Romaclick, I'd appreciate the feedback.

Also, sent an email off to Scavi last Thurs night & haven't heard back from them besides an automated response. Should I send another or do they usually take this long?

All info is appreciated!

Lisa~
Feb 2nd, 2005, 03:38 PM

I haven't heard back from the Office of the Scavi yet either. I have heard that no response means no luck.
Feb 2nd, 2005, 06:16 PM

It's been my experience as well as others on this board that it can take several days to several weeks to get a reply from the Scavi office. So don't give up yet. Do a search on past posts by typing Scavi into the search box at the top of your page. Many posts will appear from the archives on the left-hand side of the page.
Feb 2nd, 2005, 06:31 PM

I just took a look at romaclick since I had never heard of it and don't see anywhere on the site to book a car service. Romaclick seems to be a hotel booking service and they list train info from the airport and taxi cost. Unless I'm overlooking something I'm not sure where you are getting your price and what company you will actually be using. Are you talking about romaclick.com?
Feb 2nd, 2005, 11:38 PM
Original Poster

Hi ky

Yep, it's Romaclick.com & airport transfers are on the left hand side of the page almost to the bottom. The reason they are a little cheaper is because they don't have an additional *after hours* charge. Most of the transfer copmpanies want 20-30% more if you need them between the hours of 10:00pm & 7:00am. Limoservicerome wants 45E for the trip but they add 20% for the time that I need. Romaclick wants 48E with no added fees. I was hoping to get some feedback on them.

Feb 3rd, 2005, 04:23 AM

I use a company that I find to be extremely reliable and you can make all the arrangements via email, with no deposit required.

Here is the website for them:

http://www.romelimousines.com/

I highly recommend them.

--Marv
Feb 3rd, 2005, 05:28 AM

Lisa - If you use Romaclick please post a follow up as I still don't think this is actually a limo service but a booking service and it will be interesting to know what limo service they use.

I've used limoservicerome.com and they were great. What time are you arriving?
Jun 26th, 2007, 10:39 AM

Have just used Romaclick, not impressed, paid for return journey from airport in aircon mercedes, got it one way albeit without the aircon switched on. Return turned up 35 mins late in some kind of people carrier not what i expected or paid for. Get you hotel to send for taxi on day of departure, and avoid Romaclick.
Jun 26th, 2007, 11:18 AM

Rome Shuttle Limousines charges 35 Euro and is probably the outfit that gets the most positive reviews here. I used them recently to and from the airport and I recommend them without reservation. You will have to search for the exact addresss...