Lido Di Jesolo or Riva Del Garda

Apr 19th, 2007, 05:12 AM
Buzzy

Lido Di Jesolo or Riva Del Garda

Which is the better location of these two for an end of May break? I'm hoping for good weather, pleasant scenery and a relaxing time.

Apr 19th, 2007, 06:22 AM

I would think Jesolo would be warmer than Riva del Garda. Jesolo has a very wide beach, but isn't as scenic as Garda.
http://www.jesolo.it/default.asp?L=3
Apr 19th, 2007, 06:35 AM

Jesolo is a beach resort with no scenery and no old buildings. If you want to relax on a beach, it is ideal; if you want to do anything else, staying there is not advised. You can easily get to Venezia by bus and boat, but there are much more convenient places to stay if you want to see Venezia.
Apr 19th, 2007, 06:37 AM

It is completely different. Jesolo is just a long beach in front of flat country, while Lake Garda has one of the world's most stunning scenery. The only point that makes Jesolo interesting is that it is close to Venice. But from Lake Garda you can make daytrips to Verona and Milano.

The weather at Lake Garda will be equally good at end of May: Nice and warm. Consider about staying in a smaller town in the northen section of Lake Garda. My personal favorite is Limone.
Apr 19th, 2007, 08:22 AM
Buzzy

TTT