Search

Lido de Paris

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19th, 1998, 06:07 AM
Sherrie

Lido de Paris

Interesting in your opinion on this Cabaret show. Was it worth the money it cost to see it? Would you see it again? Would you recommend it to your friends? Was the food great or not worth the money? Can you go there for show and drinks and not the food? And if so, was the seating arrangement poor if you didn't have dinner also? Thanks for any input. <BR>

Old Aug 19th, 1998, 07:20 AM
Lee

Sherrie: I have been to Paris about four times, most recently, my wife and I went this past January. We loved it. I have seen a show at the Lido and at the Moulin Rouge on a previous trip. I would certainly go back to Paris, but not to either show. They are expensive and as far as I'm concerned not worth the money or the time that you may have in Paris. <BR> <BR>With so many great things to see and do, I would strongly suggest that you avoid the shows and see the city. <BR> <BR>Have a good trip! <BR>

Old Aug 19th, 1998, 07:38 AM
Cindy

Sherrie, I enjoyed the show at the Lido in 1997, however the food was average. I was seated at the front of the stage. You can go to the show only and are seated in theatre like seats in the upper level, but the visibility is good since the theatre is intimate. If your time in Paris is limited, I would skip the show. <BR>

Old Aug 19th, 1998, 09:18 AM
Sherrie

Thanks to Lee and Cindy for your replies. I appreciate your input. I've decided to slip the show...it is really expensive! I called the 800 number and quoted a price of $200, show only. Do you have a suggestion as to what was your favorite evening in Paris...or maybe I should make that a new topic. Thanks again, Sherrie <BR>

Old May 14th, 2001, 09:34 AM
Dawn

I just booked the lido for myself and husband. If you book through internet at a Paris broker it is much cheaper. The most expensive dinner with show was $140 per person. So, the least expensive dinner with show would be around $110 per person. I think the show looks neat especially the orchestra that play with dinner and has formal ballroom dancing. We are going to be there on May 28. Enjoy you trip. Dawn

Old May 14th, 2001, 09:36 AM
Dawn

Sherrie, I looked up the sight where we purchased our tickets. It is cofrase.com <BR>

Old May 16th, 2001, 05:21 AM
Lori

We also paid about $140 for tickets and dinner. We sat right in front of the stage. It was fun; the show is very elaborate, but I wouldn't go again. The food was mediocre at best. My travelling party said it was better than any show they'd seen in Vegas, but if you're not into that type of cabaret performance (I'm not) it's probably not worth your time or money.