LHR Connection Question

Search

LHR Connection Question

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18th, 2014, 12:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LHR Connection Question

First, let me Thank You for helping with my question.
We arrive into LHR from MIA and have around 3 hours between connections onto Athens with the MIA and on to ATH booked on one ticket through BA. All out of Terminal 5.

My question is this and Thanks again. What will the procedure be once we arrive into LHR? Then will we have time to use the Arrivals lounge between planes?

Many Thanks.
Old Jun 18th, 2014, 12:20 PM

The usual procedure is that you follow signs that say Flight Connections. Are you in business class, I believe the use of the arrivals lounge is restricted to business/first or some other credential.
Old Jun 18th, 2014, 12:30 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hopefully this will help (from the BA site):

"Our Arrivals lounge in Heathrow Terminal 5 offers this service especially for you, as does our partner American Airlines, in their lounge in Heathrow Terminal 3.

These lounges are exclusive to you if you have travelled in First or Club World, or are a Gold Executive Club Member, arriving on a British Airways longhaul flight. Capacity restrictions apply so we are sorry we cannot allow you to bring guests into these lounges.
Lounge locations

Terminal 5 – go via the green lifts to the first floor before check-in and security.
Terminal 3 – American Airlines lounge – located immediately after customs on the second floor. Take the lift located next to the restaurant in the Arrivals building.

Use of all facilities is subject to availability."
Old Jun 18th, 2014, 12:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Notice that it is BEFORE check-in and security and not "airside."
Old Jun 18th, 2014, 01:15 PM
Original Poster

Thank each of you for the prompt reply. We are in Club World and from the replies the arrival lounge is after the entry process. Then we would go back through security to the departure gate. Luggage will be booked through from Miami to Athens so that isn't in the equation.
Many Thanks to all of you.
Old Jun 18th, 2014, 01:37 PM

Are you sure you want to go landside to use the arrivals lounge? Doesn't seem the thing to do, go landside just to use the lounge. The departure lounges should offer the same/similar facilities, if it is a shower/freshen up that you are looking for. I would advise to check with BA staff for the most appropriate lounge at Flight Connections.
Old Jun 18th, 2014, 10:13 PM

<i>Are you sure you want to go landside to use the arrivals lounge?</i>

They are arrivals lounges, not transit lounges.
Old Jun 18th, 2014, 10:51 PM

Surely if you're eligible to use the Arrivals lounges, you're eligible to use the BA airside business class lounges?

To get to landside lounges requires you to go through UK immigration (anything up to an hour's queueing. Begins to rival the torture Americans impose on visiting foreigners, though obviously not as obnoxiously managed), and to get back to the departure lounge you need to go through security - which is a great deal more onerous coming from landside than for passengers in transit.

It completely beggars belief anyone would put themselves through all of that on the off chance they might get a posher sausage for breakfast (if there are any left). The airside Galleries lounges have shower facilities.
Old Jun 18th, 2014, 11:05 PM

I assume it is just an misunderstanding on the part of the OP. They asked where the arrivals lounge is, which was answered, but they shouldn't be going landside when in transit. I'm sure the BA staff at Flight Connections will direct them to the right lounge.
Old Jun 19th, 2014, 01:45 PM
Original Poster

Once again, this group always provides incredible insight into travel questions. It was great to see posts from all of you. Many Thanks.