Search

LeSport bags

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 11:52 AM
Barb

LeSport bags

I am looking for a very light weight tote bag with a zip top that I can use as a carry on and then fold it up in my suitcase and use later to bring home all my goodies. Someone recommended LeSport totes. I believe they are a made of a light weight nylon/parachute-like material. Any one use these?

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 12:01 PM
Liz

I have a number of Lesportsac bags. The ziptop shopper sounds like what you are looking for.<BR><BR>www.lesportsac.com

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 12:05 PM
Lindsey

I have a bag which sounds exactly like the one you describe - it's made by LeSportsac - could that be the manufacturer you mean? Lots of funky colours and patterns, but basically a very standard lightweight tote bag, perfect for travelling. Have a look at www.lesportsac.com - they're not the cheapest bags around but I've had mine for years and it's still going strong, despite the fact I use it everyday for work and stuff it full of books, housekeys, makeup, sunglasses and all the other useless, bulky paraphenalia that I feel the need to carry around with me wherever I go!

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 12:08 PM
Sue

LeSportsacs are great for travel--many different sizes, shapes, etc. They are so light, wipe clean, etc. And they last forever.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 12:10 PM
Sue

Barb, I think your friend was talking about LeSportsac. I carried their purses and totes for years and years, but they kind of disappeared in the 90s. I think they're great. Check out the products at<BR>http://www.lesportsac.com/

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 12:11 PM
Liz

Re: cleaning-<BR><BR>I run mine through the washer, cold water, with no problems. Let them air-dry, though.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 12:15 PM
JOdy

I have several too..cosmetic case for me, my hub also caarries one , it is so nice cause you can sqush it up and not like those hard sided ones men usually have, then I have a large tote that folds into a small case for packing for souveniers, and a shoulder tote I use as a carry on!<BR><BR>I got all of mine at Marshall's for about 1/3 the retail price!

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 01:13 PM
Barb

Wow, thanks, everyone, that is exactly what I am looking for. It sounds perfect as a carry on and as a shopping bag. I think they make smaller handbags too, which I think would be great. My friend has both in black and swears by them.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 03:52 PM
Val

Does anyone know if you can buy these bags at department stores, or do you have to order them on line. I live in the Seattle area.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 04:53 PM
Mare

I don't know about Seattle, but they are definitely in the department stores right now in the northeast. Lord and Taylor and Macy's both have them. I would try an off-price store first though, as they are expensive. (I love mine, by the way.)

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 07:22 PM
lina

I got one at Nordstroms (Seattle) a few years ago.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 12:09 PM
Barb

Just looked up their web page - which tote do you all recommend - someone mentioned the ziptop shopper. Would this be big enough to use a carry-on, for a day's worth of stuff in case my luggage gets lost?

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 01:17 PM
aj

TJ Max usually carry a limited selection of LeSportsac at a discount price.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 02:39 PM
Barb

Ok all you LeSportsac fans, which one should I order - the ziptop shopper (15x20x3), or the travel tote (18.5x 21x5)

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 02:51 PM
Liz

The ziptop shopper held a change of clothes and my toiletry kit, it's quite large. Plus it's cheaper and folds up smaller.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 03:06 PM
Barb

Thanks Liz, that's all I needed to know. I'm going to order one right now. Getting ready for a trip to Italy in Sept.