Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Left Bank Hotels

Search

Left Bank Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26th, 2000, 10:21 AM

Left Bank Hotels

I am planning a trip to Paris for a long weekend in February. Can anyone recommend a hotel on the left bank for about $100-$150 per night? I have heard about the Hotel de Fleurie. Is that nice? What are some other comparables? Thanks.

Old Dec 26th, 2000, 11:09 AM
s.fowler

Depends on what you mean by "Left Bank"? In the 7th close to the 6th I would recommend Hotel Verneuil. It should fall inside your range. I haven't stayed there, but it has gotten good reviews and I *did* get a brochure in the lobby on our last trip and had a very pleasant exchange with the person at the desk.

Old Dec 26th, 2000, 01:50 PM
elaine

Hi <BR>If you do a Search here on Paris hotels you will find many recommendations, mostly under $150 and on the left bank. <BR>A good print resource is "Cheap Sleeps in Paris", very reliable. <BR>I also have a Paris file with hotel info gleaned from various sources; if you'd like to see it, email me

Old Dec 27th, 2000, 06:03 AM
Bob

I can vouch for the Grand Hotel Leveque in the 7th (near Eiffel tower). Very pleasant hotel and good neighborhood. Another hotel in the same area that has been highly recommended by friends is the Hotel Champ Du Mars. Both of these will fit your budget quite nicely and you will have money left over. Both have web sites so do a search for them.

Old Dec 29th, 2000, 10:17 AM
sam

I stayed at Hotel Welcome and the cost was $65 and near the St. Michel area (Odeon Metro stop) near a lot of nightlife and resturants. The Hotel, although basic and small, had single rooms on the top floor and a elavator. I spent little time in the room so it was perfect. It is not the fanciest place by no means, but the location was "awesome" and I will be back there again.

Old Dec 29th, 2000, 10:54 AM
John

Another plug for the Verneuil - good location a block from the river, walkable to lots of places - left bank, St. Germaine, Louvre, Orsay... <BR>Look at the room before accepting it, though. Some are reeealy tiny.

Old Dec 29th, 2000, 11:38 AM
kathy

We stayed at the Hotel St. Paul on rue Monsiuer le Prince in November. The rate was about $120 USD per night for a superior room, not including breakfast. The hotel is very nice with newly renovated bathrooms. The staff was also very pleasant and helpful. I would recommend the hotel to anyone looking for a nice 3 star place with lots of charm. The hotel is located between the Odeon stop and the Luxembourg Gardens. Great area, lost of restaurants nearby and within easy walking distance of most sites.

Old Dec 29th, 2000, 01:09 PM
Susan

I stayed at the Hotel Dauphine on the left bank - about 3 blocks from the Seine. Charming and very nice people. The other choice was the Verneuil, or however that is spelled.

Old Dec 29th, 2000, 01:38 PM
Monica

I recommend Grand Hotel des Balcons in the 6th Arr. It's near the Odeon metro, theatre, Luxembourg gardens, the Buci market, and about a 10 minute walk to the Seine. Paid about $85 per night this past October. Our first room (had to change because we extended our time there) was on the 6th floor and had a view of the E. Tower; a distance away, but still a great view! <BR>

Old Dec 31st, 2000, 05:33 PM
Kathryn

Hi, This is for S. Fowler-- <BR> <BR>Are you still recommending the Bersolys? It sounded like a nice place to stay. <BR> <BR>Kathryn