Lecce - Suggestion for Hotel or B&B.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9th, 2005, 01:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's not much coming up on the search function except for Patria Palace.

Anybody with a more recent experience on other hotels or B&B at about 120E or less in Lecce (Puglia) or vicinty in early September? We've never been to Lecce, but, we prefer easy access to parking combined with reasonable proximity to the town of Lecce.
Old Mar 10th, 2005, 02:02 AM

TM - Yellow Pages lists 31 in Lecce, so if you don't get a personal recommendation that would be the best place to start.

Here's the link:

http://www.paginegialle.it/pg/cgi/pg...i&dv=Lecce

Those with www have their own clickable websites.

Hope this helps ...

Steve
Old Mar 10th, 2005, 02:49 AM

hi,

parking could be a bit of a problem at b&bs in lecce itself - the historic centre at least is (in theory) largely pedestrianised. the hotel cappello (www.hotelcappello.it) might be worth a try - i've stayed there twice and been very happy with it, although i have heard mixed reviews. it's near the station (via montegrappa), should be fairly easy to get to by car as it's not far from viale gallipoli, one of the big roads that runs round the outside of the old city walls. certainly walkable into the centre from there - the only problem is, you do have to cross viale gallipoli to get there, and... well, i'm sure enough has been said about roads in southern italy...

Old Mar 10th, 2005, 05:41 AM

Here's a link to a report on Puglia posted on Slow Travel that recommends some places in Lecce and other towns:

http://www.slowtrav.com/italy/puglia/lm_puglia.htm

There's a B&b in the historical center as well as one outside the town referenced.
Old Mar 10th, 2005, 06:11 AM

That's a very nice and well-wrtten report from Slowtrav that Ruth shared. It contained some very good information on the towns and sights that we've researched on as we will be driving in that area this summer (for the first time). We've found that information on this part of Italy are not easily available online.

As someone who's piggybacking off Taylor's thread, thanks to all for the information.