Reload this Page >

Leather in Florence or Siena

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 11:24 AM
jj

Where is the best place (least expensive) to buy leather goods- coats, belts, wallets,etc.- in Florence or Siena. I will be visiting both cities at end of the year and any help is appreciated.

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 11:29 AM
Julie

I was in Italy in 2001 and found prices to be comprable in both cities. In Florence it it easier to get off the tourist track and find leather shops that aren't catering to tourists whereas Siena may be marginally more expensive because of the volume of tourist shops, etc.<BR>You will aldo find more selection in Florence.<BR><BR>Hope this has helped!<BR>Julie

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 12:30 PM
jj

My poor writing demons have attacked me again. What I meant to ask with my original post was &quot;What is the best store (shop, vendor, etc.) to purchase leather goods, whether it be located in Florence or Siena?<BR><BR>Thanks Julie for your input.

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 12:33 PM
Anne

If it's gloves you want, I recommend Madova in Florence. It's right across from the Ponte Vecchio on the south (Pitti Palace) side of the Arno. I was there two weeks ago and bought the most beautiful pair of buttery soft leather gloves. They have an amazing selection. They have a website, so you can get an idea of what they sell.

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 01:18 PM
uncle sam

Please consider the leather school behind the Santa Croce church. The goods are quality and the selection is very good for wallets, purses, belts etc.<BR><BR>Also notice the picture of famous folks that have toured the school including the one and only Ronald Reagan.<BR><BR>US<BR>

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 01:19 PM
uncle sam

Sorry, the school is in Florence.<BR><BR>US

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 06:14 AM
j

I had heard of the school but couldn't remember where it was located....thx