Reload this Page >

LEARNING ITALIAN

Search

LEARNING ITALIAN

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10th, 2000, 05:19 AM
CAROL

LEARNING ITALIAN

HI <BR> We are going to Italy in november. Learning to say a few words. Can any one tell me how to say Is this the way to---. <BR>thanks Carol

Old Jun 10th, 2000, 05:29 AM
betsy

Carol <BR> <BR>Go to www.babelfish.com. Click on the translate option and then click on the option at the very top of the list that comes up. You can type (or cut and paste) in the word, phrase, paragraph or document that you want to translate. You can also enter URLs, and it will translate whole websites. This has been valuable to me in planning a trip to Europe this summer. <BR> <BR>Buon viaggio! <BR> <BR>

Old Jun 12th, 2000, 10:38 AM
peter kairoff

just say: Scusi, dove...? <BR>(scoozee, doh-vay...) <BR>It means: excuse me, where is...? <BR>ands it's easy to remember. <BR>Otherwise, you'd have to say: <BR>"Scusi, e' questa la strada per...?"

Old Jun 12th, 2000, 10:51 AM
Richard

Carol, When you open Fodor's website, scroll down to "Language" and you'll find a source for phonetic and oral pronunciation of Italian as well as French, German and Spanish tourist phrases.

Old Jun 12th, 2000, 12:03 PM
JACK

Try http://www.travlang.com .Then click on forign languages for travelers.