Search

Le Train Bleu

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 10:13 AM
Sue

Le Train Bleu

Has anyone eaten at Le Train Bleu; pictures look as tho the decor is beautiful but wondering about the food? Is it in same class as the other famous "gastronomic temples" in Paris?

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 10:21 AM
Vic

While we were waiting for a train at the Lyon station, we had lunch there. I was not impressed with the food.

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 10:37 AM
mimi taylor

and I say yes!If they are stll serving the salmon Provencale, try that. This month's Saveur magazine has a lovely photo of the dining room and the recipe.<BR>Even the best restaurant at one time or another has off days in their cooking. If someone wants to only see the train bleu, you can walk through have a drink in the lounge or downstairs bar, Big Ben.

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 10:40 AM
ron

We have had lucnch there several times and have been very pleased. The decor is really something, and we like the food and the service. It is not in the same league as the really top restaurants, but not worthy, in our opinion, of some of the negative ratings one hears. In the station, follow the signs to "grand lignes."<BR>

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 10:54 AM
Gretchen

We had heard that the food was not particularly spectacular for the price so went just before noon, sat in the lounge and had a glass of wine and watched the people of Paris arrive for lunch. The room is just breathtaking. It was the answer for us.

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 03:47 PM
bill

The food is good, but not the reason for going. The room, however, is well worth the trip. It is breathtaking!

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 04:59 PM
Sue

Sounds as tho it is truly stunnning, and I must get there, if only for a wine. Thanks, Mimi, for the reference to Saveur, and to everyone for responses!