Le Meridien Waldorf - London

Jan 18th, 2002, 09:35 AM
Margi

Le Meridien Waldorf - London

Has anyone had recent experience with this hotel? I stayed there a number of years ago, but I've heard from a few people that it's been in need of some renovation which apparently has been planned. I am considering staying there in September, but don't want to pay 350 pounds per night for a hotel under renovation or in need of it. Would there be better hotels for me to consider (and preferably at a lower price). Thank you.

Jan 18th, 2002, 01:20 PM
Margi

Anyone to come to my rescue and provide some advice?

Jan 18th, 2002, 02:46 PM
emily

i stayed there in may at a price of $125 us. i think it was so low because it was the height of foot and mouth. This included buffet breakfast. The hotel is very nice, the room nice though not huge or super elegant - wouldn't pay 350 pounds for it.

Jan 18th, 2002, 04:16 PM
xxx

I came across this hotel on sale for 300 pds per night for February. I would bet it's even more during the high season. Not sure if it's worth that kind of money.

Jan 18th, 2002, 07:56 PM
Topper

Topping for Gail

Jan 19th, 2002, 01:59 AM
David

Margi

£350 is way too much to pay for this Hotel. I suggest you do a bit of shopping around. The high end hotels are the ones that are facing the most difficulty in the current climate and are slashing rates. You should be able to stay somewhere fancy for half that price. It might help if I tell you that the Waldorf always has late weekend availability for £99.