Le Mas de la Brune--Eyragues

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26th, 2006, 02:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there anyone who has stayed at this hotel in Eyragues and can give some feedback? Any other suggestions for lodging in the Eyragues area of Provence?
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 03:20 PM

From the website, the Mas de la Brune in Eygalieres (not Eyragues) looks fantastic.

As it should be, at those prices -- substantial, even for Provence.

I hope you get responses from some lucky folk who have stayed there. With good wishes.
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 03:29 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
tedgale is right. It is in Eygalieres where I stay each year. They are famous for their medicinal garden. You pay a fee to visit it. It's too pricey for me to stay a few weeks at.
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses. Yikes!.... I hadn't checked the prices when I made my first post. So, are there other more moderately priced country places you would recommend?
Old Jan 27th, 2006, 03:06 PM

There are about a jillion small hotels and nice B&Bs in Provence.

As much as I relish the Alpilles, I do not participate in the general Fodorite rapture for the St Remy area.

But if you were willing to go a tiny bit north and east, here is a place (mas de la Grande Bartheliere) that I have bookmarked, It's in a lovely area just east of Avignon. Never stayed there but I can attest to the charms of the neighbourhood:

http://www.bartheliere.com
Old Jan 27th, 2006, 04:33 PM

I love the Mas Du Pastre in Eygalieres.
Old Jan 27th, 2006, 04:33 PM

(no dinners but several very good places to dine in the village)
Old Jan 27th, 2006, 05:55 PM

We liked Chateau des Apilles in St. Remy de Provence.
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 12:08 PM

We stayed at Mas de la Brune in Eygalieres in May 2000 (before the euro) and the prices weren't nearly as high as they are now. Having said that, if we return to this part of Provence, we'll make every effort to stay there again. The rooms are beautiful, the grounds are magical, and the service is superb. I will never forget the view from our room over the manicured gardens and Les Alpilles in the distance. The owner is charming and took the time to give us detailed information about activities and sites that would interest us. One chilly evening she insisted we join her for champagne (her family's own vintage) in front of the huge stone fireplace. An unforgettable visit!
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 02:09 PM

I passed by there last summer while on a biking expedition around Eygalieres. Wow! It's very impressive and stately. The owner looked abit askance when I pedaled in just to take in the grounds and architecture, but she warmed up immediately and was very gracious. It would be a lovely spot to alight, but I don't know that I'd want to pay the bill for more than a night or two. There's plenty of beauty in Les Alpilles without going to quite that expense. We rented space in a private home. Within ten miles, there's every thing from a campground/gite up to Le Mas de la Brune.If it's of interest, you might look under house rentals in Provence as there are tons of sites that would accomodate you.

Old Mar 10th, 2006, 03:58 PM

Nmiller:

The Villa Glanum, next to the Roman ruins is a comfortable bargain at 95E's..about 2 kms from the center of St. Remy, yet a bit in the country en route out of town toward Les Baux and Eyaglieres.
Stu T.