Reload this Page >

Latest news/weather reports Paris.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10th, 2002, 07:18 PM
beverly

I'll be on my way to Paris the first week of March. I try to keep up with the news in my daily life so I'm updated with current events but also for conversation topics. Has anyone accessed online news and weather for Paris in preparation for a trip? I would need news in English, though. Would also want to access an events calendar so I could take advantage of any special shows,music, festivals in town during my visit.

Old Feb 10th, 2002, 07:29 PM
Christina

I do read French news daily, but in French, I don't know of any source where the French news is translated into English. I suppose the best you could do would be to read the Interational Herald Tribune for that (www.iht.com). There is an events calendar on the Paris Tourist Office web site, you can search by date and type of event (think that's www.paris-touristoffice.com.

Old Feb 10th, 2002, 07:34 PM
Betty

You can find lots of good information at http://www.france.com/index.html For what is going on in Paris there is also www.pariscope.com Have fun in Paris!

Old Feb 10th, 2002, 07:47 PM
Betty

Sorry, I thought the Pariscope site was available in English but it isn't. However if you get to it through Google (just type in Pariscope) and then click on "translate this page" you will get most of it in English. You can also try http://www.stargonaut.com/

Old Feb 10th, 2002, 08:24 PM
az

Beverly--try www.paris.org for comprehensive info.<BR>have a great trip.

Old Feb 10th, 2002, 08:27 PM
Leslie

For weather reports, go to www.weather.com. Select the "World" tab at the top, then type in "Paris, France"...you'll get the current weather and a ten day forecast.

Old Feb 10th, 2002, 10:41 PM
Ursula

Beverly:<BR>You can also have a look at <BR>www.timeout.com<BR>Click Paris then.<BR>Quite good for current events and other useful information.<BR>Pariscope is fine for the current week. It runs from Wednesday-Tuesday. Get a copy as soon as you arrive. It has a small English section too. Costs only FF 3.-, about 0.5 Euro, I think and absolutely worth it, especially regarding exact hours of museums and tourist sites, etc.<BR>You can get tickets for most events at the Tourist Office on the Champs-Elsysees, but also in most department stores and the FNAC stores.

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 05:03 AM
Keith Legg

You can try using AltaVista's "Babelfish" translator to read French websites. It is at <BR><BR>babelfish.altavista.com<BR><BR>You then type in the address of the website (eg www.lemonde.fr) and it should then appear in English. Admittedly, it will come up with some bizarre translations, and it doesn't translate text in pictures or javascript, but you can make out the story.<BR><BR>For weather, you could try either the BBC site www.bbc.co.uk/weather and get the forecast for Paris, or the Meteo France site www.meteo.fr .