Reload this Page >

Last minute London

Search

Last minute London

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 02:46 PM
cheri

Last minute London

My boyfriend and I are going to London Oct 6-13th. Staying at Cranley Gardens? and looking for "romantic" locals, restaurants, dinner cruises or just plain fun suggestions....inexpensive is helpful, but we will mix it up with a lavish night or two. thanks!

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 05:39 PM
Elisha

Your post caught my eye as I also have a reservation for the Cranley Gardens but for two weeks later. Have you ever stayed there or heard from anyone who has personally stayed there? I have a 24 hour "hold" on it and have to make some quick decisions. I also emailed the Cranley Hotel. It looks fabulous. This will be my first London visit so I cannot help you on the other requests!

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 04:43 AM
Dina

I am also interested any feedback anyone?

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 04:57 AM
elaine

Dina<BR>If you are looking for feedback on the Cranley Gardens specifically, you might want to post your question under that title, to catch the eye of people who know it.

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 05:44 AM
Rachel

Hi Cheri. We just returned from London and if you don't mind taking the tube out of the way a bit, one of our best dining memories was at the French bistro called Balzac in Shepherd's Bush. Romantic ambience, fantastic service, wonderful food and very reasonable (L12 for a 2 course fixed price meal). Their house wine was a delight as well and quite reasonable. As a bonus, right across the street is a very cool, atmospheric wine bar called Albertine's with a wonderful selection of wines by the glass at good prices. The staff and owner are very helpful with helping you select wines - not snooty at all. We spent some time speaking with the owner who was very knowledgeable and just an all around nice and interesting fellow. Take the tube to the Shepherd's Bush station, turn right out of the station and walk down a couple of blocks. Both the restaurant and wine bar are on a sidestreet to your right just a couple of buildings off the main road. If you are interested in more detail, please let me know, as I have their card somewhere and can give you a specific address. Have a great trip!

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 07:19 AM
PatrickW

Careful with the last posting - there are two Shepherds Bush stations on different lines, several hundred yards apart...better check with the restaurant exactly where they are in relation to both!