Languedoc: organs, recitals

Feb 16th, 2007, 05:46 PM
pdx
Original Poster

Languedoc: organs, recitals

I'm looking for organs and possibly a recital in the Languedoc area. I have found one in Carcassonne (not sure we will make it there) and I think there is one in Cap d'Agde. Does anyone know of others we might try to visit?
Feb 16th, 2007, 07:48 PM

This site has links to numerous other web sites relating to organs in France. Perhaps you can find something here.

http://www.ffao.com/leurs.htm
Feb 16th, 2007, 10:57 PM

There are organ recitals in St Guilhem le Desert during the summer

Peter
Feb 17th, 2007, 10:12 AM
pdx
Original Poster

Perfect! Merci!
Feb 17th, 2007, 10:29 AM

There are organ recitals in Montréal-de-l'Aude near Carcassonne and Arles-sur-Tech near Perpignan.
Feb 17th, 2007, 03:30 PM
pdx
Original Poster

I hope one of these works out for us. My friend will be thrilled if it does. I think it will be a great memory for her to take home.
Mar 1st, 2007, 06:05 AM

By the way, anyone looking to stay in the Carcassonne area should try out this great hotel that we stay in called Le Domaine aux Quat'Saisons. It is a short drive from Carcassonne in a peaceful pretty village.

This is the website:

http://www.southoffrancehotel.com

Re-visiting a hotel that you have previously enjoyed is nearly always a dissappointment when you compare it with your earlier visit. This is the gem that breaks that rule! In September 2005, we booked for two days and stayed for two weeks. We made three further visits in 2006! It just gets better and better. Le Domain aux Quat' Saisons is a jewel of a "hotel" which is delightful in every aspect. The early 19th century house has many interesting features and has been tastefully converted without destroying the original layout of the house. The bedrooms are large, well designed, very comfortable and spotlessly clean. There is a lovely garden which leads onto the vines. The pool is sheltered by a wall with more interesting plants around it.

The meals continue to delight and reach new heights on each visit. (If a meal is offered on the evenings when you stay - make sure that you take the offer. Usually four courses with aperitifs, quality local wines and coffee - excellent value and delicious food!) Evening meals here are a joy and the owners make sure that everything goes with a swing! There is much to see nearby and the owners will advise on some excellent local restaurants for the evenings when they are not cooking.

The owners clearly have high standards but still find ways to excel themselves. At only Euros 115 a night for a double room, breakfast included this is a steal.