Reload this Page >

Lakes Maggiore and Garda

Search

Lakes Maggiore and Garda

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 11:55 AM
Judy

Lakes Maggiore and Garda

Can anyone recommend 3or even good 2 star hotels in either of these locations? If anyone has any exp. with Hotel Desiree or Ideal in Sirmione or Italie et Suisse in Stresa please let me know. Thanks!!

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 12:04 PM
Richard

WARNING: Dated information. We stayed at the Hotel Italie & Suisse in October of 1995 and thought it to be a very nice hotel. We had a corner room overlooking Maggiore, rates were reasonable, I think about $80USD/night.

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 12:11 PM
StCirq

We spent a week at the Italie et Suisse in 1997 and loved it. It's certainly not a luxurious establishment, but it's clean and we had a HUGE room that was plenty big enough for us and our two children. The owners couldn't have been nicer, the breakfast was incredible (a German-style one with coldcuts and all kinds of breads and cereals and cheese and boiled eggs...), and the location was superb. We still think of that week as one of our best vacation weeks ever. Still, as Richard says, my information is dated so it would be wise to do some further checking.

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 05:03 AM
Judy

Thanks for the info and the warning! If Bob The Navigator is out there please let me know if you've heard of these places or could recommend one. Thanks

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 06:10 AM
Dayle

We stayed last May at the Hotel Verbano right on Isola dei Pesc(SP?!)on Maggiore. It was about $120 for 2 people, 2 beds. It's the only hotel on the isola & only has about 14 rooms. Our terrace was right on the lake facing east. We thought it well worth the money!

Old Apr 7th, 2001, 10:23 AM
Ralf

Hi,<BR>try the "Hotel Bellevue San Lorenzo" at Malcesine, they will offer special rates like blue weeks at lake Garda. It's a very good hotel with a large garden- And the owner is very interested in arts. They have a home-page, which adress i do not know actually. <BR>Ralf<BR>