Lake Garda

May 16th, 2001, 06:34 PM
Judi

Lake Garda

We are booked at the Baia D'oro hotel on lake Garda based on karen Brown recommendation. Does anyone know this small hotel?

May 17th, 2001, 06:36 PM
topper

to the top

May 19th, 2001, 10:05 AM
judi

Hi Topper,
THere was no message after your name. Could you please re post or email me.
thanks,
Judi

May 19th, 2001, 10:23 AM
Rex

Judy,

Topper didn't leave you a message. The sole purpose of topper's posts (the process is called "topping" - - and numerous people do it) - - is to get new and fresh exposure for your question - - since it "sinks" to the "bottom" if it goes unanswered - - and "topping" (adding any new message, no matter how inconsequential) brings your question back "up to the top" where it gets more exposure - - and hopefully gets answered.

I am interested in (any and all)information about the Lake Garda region - - as "our" villa rental there (about two miles from the town of Garda itself) is the centerpiece of the fall Fodorites' trip (tentatively September 19-October 2).

Best wishes,

Rex

May 19th, 2001, 07:04 PM
judi

Rex,
Thanks for the info about topping. I'm new to this. We will be on Lake Garda July 12. We used the Karen Brown guide since friends tell us her picks can be trusted. We found a small reasonable hotel Baia D'Oro in gargnano. I hope it is ok. I can let you know when I return.
Judi

May 20th, 2001, 05:46 PM
Steve

Judi,
You'll love Gargnano. My wife's family is from Gargnano and I've been there many times, and will be there again this coming July/August. It is a charming and extremely picturesque small lake town on the "Garda Riviera" that is popular with European tourists (especially Germans) in the summer. Unlike Lake Como and Lake Maggiore, you rarely will hear English spoken around Lake Garda. I don't know anything of the hotel you speak of, since we stay with family. If you get a chance, try to visit Limone, an even more beautiful small town further north. It is accessible from Gargnano by ferry or by car. Have fun!