Lake District in late Oct.

Oct 5th, 1999, 04:36 AM
Brenda

Lake District in late Oct.

What city would be the best choice for staying in lake district in late Oct? I'm concerned about everything being shut down. I could use some advice on a nice hotel.

Oct 5th, 1999, 04:54 AM
Maggie

Which country???

Oct 5th, 1999, 05:23 PM
Ray

Brenda! we'll be in the lake region about the same time as you. In Lago di Garda I recommend "Mistral Hotels", in Sermione. Their e-mail address is: <[email protected]>. Their web site is <www.mistralhotels.it>. In Lago di como, I recommend "Albergo ROMA" in Bellagio. Their Fax# is 011-39-031-951966. If you need any more information, do not hesitate to e-mail me. Let me know how you make out

Oct 5th, 1999, 07:16 PM
nj

Villa d'Este in Cernobbio (Lake Como) is unbeatable, but priced accordingly. I've visited the Serbelloni in Bellagio, which has a superb location and great grounds, but some in this forum have grumbled about rooms and service.
On Maggiore, the Borromee (which is a Sheraton property) is best on the Lake in the opinion of most travel editors. I've visited but not stayed there.

Oct 5th, 1999, 10:24 PM
Paul J

Hi Brenda: May I suggest you do a "text search" on Bellagio in the space above. You will get a lot of comments and information concerning the lake area of Northern Italy. Enjoy!!! Paul J

Oct 6th, 1999, 08:30 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Brenda, I am still curious which country. You have some good advise on
Italy but did you mean England or Austria ?? Just curious.

Oct 6th, 1999, 01:56 PM
Brenda

To BOB and Maggie:

Sorry for the confusion. I will be in Italy. I was looking for something quaint and romantic. I'll be with my husband in CH for a week and then four nights on our own. I can't decide whether to spend the time in Muerren, Locarno, or Bellagio. I'm leaning towards Bellagio. Thanks for the help!!