lake Como or Lake Garda

Jun 18th, 2001, 04:10 PM
corinne

lake Como or Lake Garda

we are traveling in Italy for two weeks.I am trying to decide where to stay for our last two nights we will have a car and are traveling to asolo than to the dolomites (Bolzano). I need some advice on where to stay for our last two nights. Lake Como or Lake Garda. any help would be appreciated.

Jun 18th, 2001, 04:15 PM
Bob

We stayed in Bellagio on Lake Como last year. Beautiful town. Great ferry rides to other towns. We stayed at the Belvedere Hotel in Bellagio and also enjoyed that place.

Jun 18th, 2001, 06:38 PM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Where do you depart? If Milan then you want Como. If Verona then you want Garda. What time do you take off? If you stay in Bellagio I would allow 1:30 to get to Malpensa---if Milan.

Jun 19th, 2001, 10:37 AM
lee

We just got back from Italy. Spent the last few nights on Lake Como. This area is "heaven". I would highly recommend it although I have not been to Garda. We stayed at the Grand Hotel Tremezzo in Tremezzo which is across the lake from Bellagio. Takes about 1 1/2 hours by car to Malapensa airport. You won't regret it.

Jun 21st, 2001, 11:42 AM
Howard

Here's another vote for Bellagio and the Hotel Belvedere. Depending on traffic, it'll take you 1 1/4 to 2 hours to get to Malpensa Airport.