Lake Como in April?

Oct 27th, 2002, 07:53 PM
Del

Lake Como in April?

Any thoughts on the weather in Bellagio April 13 - 26th. Is it 60 degrees or more by then? It will be our honeymoon and we want to stay around the lake area, but if its not nice enough to be on a lake, then we will venture to the Amalfi Coast instead. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Oct 28th, 2002, 03:41 AM
Mary

Hi,
We spent a long weekend in Bellagio in May last year. It rained all weekend, although, they told us that was unusual. I don't believe it will be warm enough to go swimming, but I guess it should be 60 degrees at least. It is absolutely beautiful - even in the rain, we had a great time - and we had two young kids with us. The hotel we stayed was very nice with a fantastic view of the lake - belvederebellagio.com
Have fun

Oct 28th, 2002, 06:39 AM
debbie

I am interested in staying at the belvedere in June- however they will not guarantee AC- my question is- I am also traveling with 2 kids- was it a family friendly hotel. The room is close to 300E so I want to be happy if I stay there>

Oct 28th, 2002, 07:09 AM
Wayne

You will be there nearly two weeks, and I would expect you to have rain at least half the time. Other than the rain, you will probably experience high temperatures in the high 50's to possibly 60 or a little more. Think of upstate New York in April, and you'll have a comparable temperature approximation.

If you go to the Amalfi coast, it will obviously be a bit warmer. You should easily see temperatures close to 70 in the daytime there, with less probability of rain---but in 12 days it WILL rain at least 2 or 3 of those days.

Oct 28th, 2002, 12:39 PM
Mary

The Bellagio was very kid friendly, but you are correct - it is not cheap. We had a little one-room villa which was in the back yard of the hotel - spectacular view and very private. However, at night, it was a bit tricky to get to our room as they did not have outdoor lighting. The staff was very friendly to the kids and made them fun drinks from the bar when it was raining. They also let my son play with his cars in the breakfast room while it was closed. They have a great pool overlooking the lake; we never got to use it because of the rain! Truthfully, I don't think you will need AC - I doubt it will be that hot in June and there is really no humidity. We are living in Switzerland for a few years and we will definitely return to Bellagio and Belvedere.