Reload this Page >

Lak Como-Hotel metropolesuisee or Hotel Belvedere in Bellagio

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14th, 2000, 08:43 AM
carol

Hi, <BR> <BR>I don't know which hotel we should stay at at the end of this moth. We have reservations at both Hotel Belvedere in Lake Como in Bellagio and Hotel Metropolesuisse in Lake como. The metropole is a 4* and it is about $120.00 Us a night cheaper (it does not include dinner). Where would you stay? Thanks for the advise.

Old Aug 14th, 2000, 12:50 PM
Ellen

I stayed at the Metropole and thought it was just fine. My room was likely not as finely decorated etc. as the Belvedere but considering the location and room ammenities, I thought it was of great value. It all depends on what you want when you have a place to stay. <BR>My room was lake front with a small balcony. I had a double bed with "functional" furniture and modern plumbing. The room was a decent size but not luxurious in the furnishings. My impression of the Belvedere, while not having stayed there, is that money will buy such comforts. Again, the Metropole was a very good value and the breakfast was just great. I'd certainly stay there again. The way I think of it on a modest travel budget is I can stay 1 night luxuriously or 2 nights modestly. I normally pick the latter of the two. <BR>Ellen

Old Aug 14th, 2000, 10:23 PM
Tommaso

Hi Carol, <BR> We stayed at the Metropole this May and also found it to be a great value. We had a lake view with balcony and a large comfortable room. There's more to see & do in Como than Bellagio, which you can easily do for a day trip on the hydrofoil. <BR> Ciao,Tommaso

Old Aug 15th, 2000, 06:12 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

We have a communication problem here. <BR>Ellen means the Metropole in Bellagio. <BR>The question was the one in Como--not the same scenario at all. I would stay <BR>in Bellagio---Como is just too far south on the Lake for the best venues.

Old Aug 15th, 2000, 04:47 PM
Ellen

Thanks for the clarification Bob. I'd feel terrible if I steered someone in the wrong direction! <BR>Ellen

Old Aug 15th, 2000, 05:11 PM
Bob

You are posting a tough question as to answer correctly a respondent needs to have stayed at both hotels. We stayed at the Belvedere in October 99. The rate was fine and the hotel was very nice. We walked into town. One thing about the hotel: The best balconies are on the floor one level above the lobby. We had a large balcony overlooking the lake. The other floors have only small areas where you open the door. Try to get one of the large balcony rooms. It was great sitting out there with a bottle of wine. We did not know that before we got there and just lucked out. It seems like you will not go wrong with either choice. In that case, go for best price and enjoy the area. You don't spend that much time in the hotel room anyway.

Old Aug 15th, 2000, 05:17 PM
Barbara

Hi, we just got back from a six night stay at the Belvedere in Bellagio. It <BR>was a wonderful place with a great staff. We had a double superior room <BR>which turned out to include a huge bathroom and a small extra room for our <BR>ten-year old. We also had a large <BR>terrace outside our room overlooking the lake. Since we had a child the pool was a great extra. When we went, <BR>half board was a requirement. The food <BR>was generally very good and the view <BR>wonderful. We also liked that the Belvedere was up the hill away from <BR>all the noise. Hope this helps and have <BR>a great trip. I don't think you can go <BR>wrong in Bellagio! Barbara

Old Aug 16th, 2000, 04:29 AM
dennis

stay at villa d'este - its worth every penny, and is by far the best place to stay on lake como. <BR>