Lago d'Iseo

Oct 9th, 2019, 03:17 PM
Original Poster

Lago d'Iseo

Lago d'Iseo: I've spent hours looking at the various villages and small towns, but don't have a clue as to which side of the lake is "best" or what town is prettiest with what we need. This will be for 2 or 3 nights at the end of April.
Oct 10th, 2019, 02:20 AM

The lake is quite small, around 15 miles long, so it doesn't take long to get from one end to the other. It's a much quieter lake than Maggiore or Garda and the traffic is far less on the road that goes round the lake. Most people of those that go, like to stay near Monte Isola in either Sale Marasino on the east side, or Tavernola Bergamasca on the west side, although because it is a small lake, it doesn't make that much difference,

We stayed at Sale Marasino and enjoyed it immensely and stayed at Villa Leilani. there are several very good places to eat with the Cantina del Torchio standing out in my memory.

Having said all that, I don't think you'd go too far wrong wherever you stay, but mid lake means that it's not too far to either end.
Oct 10th, 2019, 06:52 AM

I suppose you plan to combine Lake Iseo, the rock carvings at Capo di Ponte, the Aprica bus fromn Edolo to Tirano and Bernina Express
Oct 11th, 2019, 10:06 AM
Original Poster

Rubicund, you have the information I've been hoping to hear. This is very helpful. Thank you.

neckervd: Probably not this time, but rock carvings are something I'd like to see. Does it require strength and/or agility to visit them?
Oct 12th, 2019, 06:54 AM
Original Poster

Thank you neckervd. I see children among the visitors so I am assuming that the terrain is suitable for someone like me (a bit limited). I appreciate your information.