La Spezia to Florence train help

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 6th, 2008, 06:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in Monterosso La Mare and want to travel July 1 to Florence. I figure going via La Spezia. I've tried Bahn, Trantitalia, Eurorail but only find one train listed at 5 in the morning. There have to be other times? Also which station for La Spezia and which for Florence? I've also used Firenze no luck. Is it the 60 day booking rule? It has just barely been 60 days. Thanks for your help. Maybe a bus?
Old May 6th, 2008, 07:12 AM

www.bahn.de gives train schedules whether they're available for booking or not. The website will tell you where to change trains, which in this case might be at La Spezia, Viaregio or Pisa. Just enter "Monterosso" to "Firenze" for today or tomorrow's date and it will show lots of trains. Italian schedules after 14 June don't seem to have been loaded yet, which is probably why you are getting no trains for 1 July.
Old May 6th, 2008, 07:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is strange - I tried La Spezia Centrale to Pisa, and found 1 train at 07:00 one at 07:59 and the next at 19:19.

Pisa to Florence is easy - 3 or 4 trains an hour, but I am puzzled as to why trenitalia doesn't calculate the journey. I am sure it is a fault with the system as if you search on June 1st then there are normally one or two trains an hour.
Old May 6th, 2008, 07:23 AM
Original Poster

Thank you both for replying so quickly. Your replies indicate that the schedules just aren't available at this time. Perhaps in a few days. I will look at earlier dates. I believe I did that selecting late June with no luck. Now I'll try even earlier and just be patient.
Old May 6th, 2008, 07:39 AM

Just choose the same day of the week (Monday, Tuesday, Saturday) for a date next week. The schedules shouldn't change that much, if at all, between now and July.