La Scala

Jul 26th, 2012, 06:52 AM
Original Poster

La Scala

I booked my tickets to La Boheme! What do women wear to La Scala on a Friday evening (not a premiere)? Can I wear a basic dress? My husband will wear a coat and tie.After having spent my money on tickets, I can't afford a high-end outift. Any suggestions?
Jul 26th, 2012, 07:00 AM

Congratulations on doing the impossible - getting La Scala tickets!

I tend to favor a basic black outfit for evening opera events. No traveling with jewelry, so no jewelry for the opera houses in Europe, but a fairly colorful but muted scarf does wonders. If it gets cold, a pashmina would help.
Jul 26th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Original Poster

Thanks! I was up at 2:00 this morning when tickets went on sale. I'm thrilled. Yes, i think I'll stick with basic black.
Jul 26th, 2012, 08:13 AM

You must have clicked one second after the tickets went on sale!

Where are your seats? You may want to bring opera glasses - small ones, not too bulky for travel.

The two tenors are wonderful. Whom did you get for the soprano: Gheorghiu or Netrebko?

Oh, I'm getting envious!
Jul 26th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Original Poster

Our tickets are zone 4 I seat 3 & 4. Yes I was onlins as soon as the tickets went on sale. So excited!
Jul 26th, 2012, 11:00 AM

Congratulations Chism - easytraveler calls it the impossible - I call it a miracle. You may have read my thread on this

http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...-for-tosca.cfm

but we did the same thing last March in the middle of the night like you did and were lucky enough to get tickets to Tosca in May. I completely understand your excitement. It really is an exciting feeling when you get the payment receipts for the tickets isn't it? The next exciting thing will be when you get the tickets in the mail.

The men wore black suits and the ladies wore black dresses and had pashminas just like easytraveler recommends. Congratulations on getting the tickets and I know you will have a great time - we sure did. My trip report has a link to some pictures and a few of them are from our La Scala adventure. At the beginning of my trip report, I was trying to be brief and I really did not do justice to how great a time we had at La Scala. It was just fantastic and I'm sure you will love it. I'm envious too......

http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...nque-terre.cfm
Jul 26th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Original Poster

Thanks!