La Saracina, Pienza

Search

La Saracina, Pienza

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12th, 2004, 03:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
La Saracina, Pienza

Hi, I have been reading a lot of posts about La Saracina, including the very detailed description by jmv but I still want to know some specifics and hope that those who have been there can help me out.

1) What are the differences between the suites and doubles? Is there anyone in either categories that you would/would not recommend?
2) Does La Saracina offer any views from its rooms and breakfast room?
3) How much driving time it takes to go to town for dinner? Is it difficult to drive after dinner?

It will be helpful if there is any additional info. I am booking it for May 2005.

Thanks.
Old Nov 13th, 2004, 04:56 AM

We stayed in Montepulciano in September, and most of the towns are only 3-5 miles from La Saracina. The roads are 2 lanes and there didn't appear to be lots of traffic, even during the day.

The few times we ventured out from Montepulciano for dinner, I had my designated driver (wife) take the controls.

I highly recommend having dinner at Taverna di Moranda in Monticchiello. We had our best meal there during our 10-day trip. 4 courses w/bottle of wine for $100, and it was well worth the splurge.
Old Nov 13th, 2004, 03:52 PM

I believed we stayed in what was called a suite although it was really just one very large room with a sofa and table set in front of a large fireplace and of course the bed. The bathroom was huge. There wasn't a view from the room and in the breakfast room, the windows look out onto the courtyard and some look out on to the neighboring property. It's pretty but not especially grand. Driving into Montepulciano for dinner takes about five minutes and is very easy. Driving into Pienza take about ten minutes and is also simple.
Old Nov 15th, 2004, 12:40 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the clarification.

Budman, I will put that restaurant on my list.

Grinisa, after staying there yourself, would you actually recommend the place? I am about the make my reservation, although I found it a bit expensive.
Old Nov 15th, 2004, 05:13 AM

Based on my stay, yes I would recommend it. It has been almost eight years since we were there but the recent reviews I've seen have all been good. It makes a good base for visiting the Pienza, Montepulciano, Montalcino area and even Siena, Perugia and Assisi if you like driving.