Reload this Page >

Konstanz information ?

Search

Konstanz information ?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25th, 1998, 07:35 PM
Colby Smith

Konstanz information ?

I would appreciate any information on small hotels, <BR> and is Konstanz worth a vist. <BR> <BR>Thank you. <BR>

Old Jul 27th, 1998, 09:25 AM
Allyson Klein

The lake of Constance, or Bodensee, is a beautiful area in Southern Germany. I would rather visit some of the smaller towns for the real Bodensee experience. My favorite is Lindau - at the tip of the Bodensee minutes from Switzerland and Austria (as well as close to Lichtenstein). <BR> <BR>Lindau is actually an island and has a significant pier dating back to Roman times. <BR> <BR>I am not sure of names of hotels, but there are plenty on the lakefront. <BR> <BR>Have a great time!

Old Jul 27th, 1998, 03:17 PM
Richard Vicek

Good evening, Colby <BR>here are a couple of web sites to checkout for hotels and other information on Bodensee.... <BR>www.hotelguide.ch/ <BR>www.bodan.net/ <BR>www.bodensee-info.com/ <BR>www.schaffhausen.ch/ <BR>www,girardin.org/switzerland/schaffausen <BR> <BR>Good surfing - Richard of Hickory Hills, Il...

Old Jul 28th, 1998, 05:34 AM
Al

Earlier this year, I visited Rohrschach, Switzerland, which is on the Swiss side, directly on Lake Kostanz. After I left, I found out that the Zeppelin, or dirigible was first built in Kostanz,directly across the lake, on the German side. The Hindenburg was built there, as were other famous German dirigibles. There is a large, as I understand, museum commemorating the era of the big airships. Also Kostanz is the birthplace of the Luftwaffe, so I assume they have some sort of recognition, the same as we have in Dayton, Ohio commemorating the US Air Force. I felt like kicking myself in the rear for missing these things, as I was only about 10 miles away in Switzerland.

Old Jul 30th, 1998, 12:49 PM
Arizona

If you are interested in wonderful gardens, by all means go to the island of Mainau. In the spring (that is when we were there), the azaleas, rhododendrons, and other flowering plants were spectacular. I blew roll after roll of film -- what a marvelous place.