Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Know it's been asked before - Hotels in Rome & Florence under $100?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 03:14 PM
Gail

Trying to help some friends plan their first trip to Italy and need some help on nice budget hotels in Rome and Florence (with websites if possible). Thanks so much for your always reliable advice!

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 04:16 PM
Anon

Gail - <BR> <BR>You are correct that it's been asked about before, many times. You will find LOTS of info here if you do a few searches. Try: "budget/moderate rome", "budget/moderate florence", "budget/moderate hotel" (limited to Italy) and/or "hotel rome florence" (where you will have to eliminate those above your friends' price range.)

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 04:24 PM
Thyra

Hi Gail, <BR>If you do a search on Florence, you wil find loads of posts mentioning Hotel Casci in Florence. <BR>Great local, huge rooms, under $100.00 and one of the best staffs I've seen. I know they have a web site, but unfortunately I don't have it handy. <BR> <BR>

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 04:29 PM
Rex

Anon: <BR> <BR>Thank you for illustrating so nicely why we need a way to search back to a specific post. Some of us might keep an index of specific good posts. What you suggest does NOT work. Try it yourself. <BR> <BR>Search "budget/moderate rome". you get this thread and nothing else. <BR> <BR>The search engine works for single words, and not much else. <BR>

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 05:34 PM
Gail

<BR>Anon: Knew I'd get some flak for asking the same ol'thang, but I seem to be search-challenged on this site. And you all do give the best information. I'm seeing lots of "budget hotel" questions tonight, so I should find what I need. <BR> <BR>All: thanks for taking the time to answer!

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 05:58 PM
Gail

And Rex....thanks again!