Search

KLM

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 2002, 06:15 PM
nora

KLM

I am looking into flights forn the USA to Greece. Has any one taken KLM. How would you rate the service? & Please compair to other carriers. Thank you

Old May 12th, 2002, 06:28 PM
K

KLM was a fairly good international airline. I flew coach. I would rate them better than almost any domestic airline (except for Alaska which is one of my favorites) and comparable to most international airlines. If you're looking for goodie bags or other perks of that nature, I don't remember KLM giving out any.

Old May 13th, 2002, 03:09 AM
walt

We used KLM from AMS to Nairobi and from Nairobi to AMS we used Air Kenya. To our surprise the service on Air Kenya was much efficient and friendlier than KLM<BR>I wouldn't worry about it as a flight from AMS to Athens is a short one.<BR>I rather fly Continental or AA from the US

Old May 13th, 2002, 03:37 AM
Andre

Nora,<BR><BR>KLM is so-so service-wise, but I would definitely take them if they're cheapest. It's a safe and reasonably well-run airline.<BR><BR>They codeshare with Continental and NW, so you might be flying transatlantic on one of those carriers, with a KLM flight number.<BR><BR>Transfers at Schiphol airport are OK - can be a long walk though.<BR><BR>Hope this helps,<BR>Andre

Old May 13th, 2002, 03:58 AM
Larry

have flow most major airlines and KLM is right in the middle. I personally like Schiphol. World business is great...extremely roomy seats with miles of legroom

Old May 13th, 2002, 10:33 AM
Dee

Wow, I"m really surprised at the mediocre rates that KLM got here.<BR><BR>I love flying the airline, find the staff to be extremely polite, roomy Coach cabin....I prefer it.<BR><BR>

Old May 13th, 2002, 10:47 AM
Sjoerd

I do about 20 segments on KLM annually since 1990. They were "good" and are now only "average". Especially after they teamed up with Northwest service levels have gone down. It depends a lot on the crew of the day, you can be lucky or unlucky. <BR>In my experience, it doesn't really matter any longer which airline you fly. They are *all* "average". Even the service on my long time favourite Asian airlines (Thai, Singapore, Cathay) is no longer superior. Cost cutting and all that.