I'm planning on being in Norway from June 18th - June 24th this coming summer. I'm flying into Stavanger, then planning on making my way up to Bergen before taking the train to Oslo and leaving. My absolute must-see is kjeragbolten and I would love to see trolltunga too but I am finding that there is very limited - if none at all, public transportation to these places at this time of the year.
I'm a very experienced backpacker and traveler but I would rather not try to hitchhike and since I am 22 years old, and not familiar with renting a car in a foreign country, I am beginning to see that making it to one or both of these places could be very challenging. (I know pulpit rock would be much easier to make it to but I am not giving up on kjerag until I exhaust every option.)
I guess my questions are this:
Do any of you know if it would be possible for someone my age to rent a car in Stavanger?
Has anyone done either of these two hikes before?
Any other great hikes that you would recommend?
Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 2 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 3 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 4 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 5 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 6 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 7 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 8 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 9 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 10 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 11 Paris November 2017
- 12 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 13 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 14 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 15 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 16 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 17 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 18 Current plan for March trip
- 19 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 20 Spain in 2018
- 21 Rentals in Madrid , Spain-Select
- 22 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 23 First time in Spain
- 24 Schengen entry/exit stamps in Austria
- 25 Barcelona to Malaga