Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Kitzbuhel,Austria Do you know this city?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30th, 1998, 01:36 PM
Janice M. Garrison

Found package deal from Atlanta,GA.599.00 Air, 7 nights,ect. to Kitzbuhel,Austria. Travel to end by march 26, 1998. Want to know any information on this city. Please reply, Thanks, Janice

Old Jan 30th, 1998, 04:38 PM
Dan

If it's world class skiing you're looking for, you can't do much better than Kitzbuhel. And it's within easy driving distance of Salzburg and Innsbruck. Best place in Kitzbuhel to stay and/or eat: the Tenerhof (I had possibly the best meal of my life there).

Old Jan 30th, 1998, 05:04 PM
Toni

I stayed in Kitzbuhel some years ago on the first leg of a ski trip to Austria and Switzerland. We stayed in an absolutely charming hotel called the Goldner Greif. It's a fabulous, small town, oozing charm. You walk everywhere, there are great restaurants and it's at the base of a great ski mountain. The world famous downhill ski run called the Hannenkaum (sp) is there...You'll love it!

Old Dec 18th, 1999, 08:32 AM
topper

For Laurie....

Old Dec 18th, 1999, 06:57 PM
markizzy

I skied Kitzbuhl in 1996. Due to its low elevation, the snow can be iffy but Austria seems to be getting some great early season ski conditions. The town is absolutely beautiful and there is plenty to do even for the non-skier. Definately take a day trip to Salzburg. Let me know which tour operator you're using because $599 is abnormally low so you will want to find out where the hotel is to make certain you're not too far from the lifts.

Old May 27th, 2000, 11:36 AM
Patti

We love Kitzbuhel and stay at the Hotel Zur Tenne - the place is gorgeous... the town spectacular - we met the most charming people there and are going back in January to see them again. It is one of the most spectacular places I have been - great skiing and very reasonable lift tickets and rentals. Compared to Vail - Yikes.