Reload this Page >

Kinvara/Ballyvaughan B&B

Search

Kinvara/Ballyvaughan B&B

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 03:23 PM
Mary

Kinvara/Ballyvaughan B&B

We plan to spend the first couple of nights of our July trip in either Kinvara or Ballyvaughan. We're looking for an in-town B&B within walking distance of restaurants and pubs. Any recommendations?<BR> Thanks!

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 05:50 PM
Paul

I'm familiar with only one (of the many) in the Kinvara area. the Conneely''s B&amp;B is beautiful. They built it recently and spared nothing in making it top notch. It's a 10 minute walk to town, which is not a bad walk on a July night.. Go to the Kinvara.com site and look for accommodations. They're near the top of the list.

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 06:53 PM
David D.

Mary,<BR><BR>My wife and I spent part of last year's trip to Erin in and near Ballyvaughn. Its proximity to the Burren makes it a true Irish attraction.<BR><BR>We stayed in Corofin at the most appealing Clifden House. This is a relatively short and attractive drive to Ballyvaughn. While we've not stayed in Ballyvaughn or Kinvara, Drumcreehy House, located in Ballyvaughn, has received good press. It's very reasonably priced and features the following website: www.drumcreehyhouse.com.<BR><BR>Best of luck.

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 05:39 AM
Paul

Corofin has outstanding traditional music sessions once a week in the summer. Wednesdays, I believe. People drive in from all over to attend. They ask for volunteers to dance, or recite.<BR>Paul

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 06:16 AM
David D.

Mary,<BR><BR>I'm so pleased about the previous posting concerning traditional music. Not far from Corofin, in the East Clare village of Feakle, is the site for one of Ireland's very best trad music festivals. <BR><BR>The annual Feakle Festival is held in early August, and it serves up some of the country's very best musicians. A couple years back, I had the good fortune of seeing the marvelous Martin Hayes (a local lad) and Dennis Cahill. As a follow-up act, we had the very good fortune is of being entertained by the incomparable Altan. It was a magical evening, held in the most unlikely and untouristy places in all Ireland. <BR><BR>While your upcoming trip doesn't include August, I trust you'll one day want to return to Ireland, and when you do the annual Feakle Festival is well worth working into your itinerary.<BR><BR>Best of luck. <BR><BR>

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 08:27 AM
Mary

Thanks, guys, but my request for info was posted in March of 2002, so I've already been and returned. To update, we stayed our first two nights at Fallon's B&amp;B in Kinvara and were very happy with it. Dropped into Green's Pub on our second evening and were amazed that John Prine and Maura O'Connell came in for an informal session as they just happened to be in the area. Went on until well past 'closing time' and we're still talking about that night six months later. We're going back to Ireland again this summer. Just can't get enough.