Kiev - info and tips for a 2-day stay

Feb 27th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Original Poster

Kiev - info and tips for a 2-day stay

Hello all,

I shall be in Kiev for a conference on 3-5 March. In particular, I will be there in the evenings of Monday 3 and Tuesday 4 March.
I will probably be on my own and thus - after the conference- probably quite bored, unless someone is willing to go out for a beer or to with a 34-years-old, easy going, Italian (living abroad), speaking EN, FR, IT.

Failing that, even some suggestions about nice restaurants, bars and clubs would be very welcome.
In particular:
- Ukrainian restaurants with local food at reasonable rpcies;
- must- see (e.g. cathedrals, monuments, beautiful buildings etc.)
- bars and clubs where to meet some people

By the way, it'll be my first time in Ukraine.
Thanks in advance!
Jan 5th, 2010, 01:31 AM

Kiev (Kyiv – Ukrainian) is one of the major European cities with long and intresting history over 15 centuries long and a lot of monuments left from the past. Golden Gaes, cave monasteries, St.Sofia and others are UNESCO world heritage. But Kiev famous not only due to its architecture, – place of location is quite amazing too – hills over great river Dnipro covered by green parks and forests.
Kiev Apartments, alternative accommodation to over-priced Kiev hotel rooms providing comfort, space, privacy and flexible service for business and vacation travellers along with reasonable prices. Our short-stay apartments for rent are new, serviced, renovated in European style and located right near central street Kreshchatyk or central square of Kiev (Kyiv).
Here is the website http://accommodation.kiev.ua
Jan 14th, 2010, 11:16 AM

grata, you shouldn’t advertise on this board.
Jan 14th, 2010, 12:08 PM

Grata, drug moi...you again. About as politely as I can say it...nye ponemayu? Pazhalustya, ostanoveetyes!
If not, you will be reported to the Russian Embassy in Washington. They, in turn, will send the complaint over to your foreign office in Moskva...good luck!
Jan 14th, 2010, 05:30 PM

BrugeOO

I submitted some info in answer to your questions...somehow it didn't go through. You will not be bored in Kiev..just be wary at all times. These pics of Belarus and Kiev will give you some information on places to see, restaurants, etc.

http://picasaweb.google.com/stuartto...raineKiev2008#

Write if you wish

Stu Tower [email protected]