Kayseri, Turkey Car Rental through AutoEurope

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7th, 2005, 07:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am considering a car rental through AutoEurope, picking up in Kayseri. AutoEurope does show an airport location however, and the AutoEurope rep was not able to tell me anything about how I would get to the rental office, how far it was, etc. If anyone has rented through AutoEurope in Kayseri, could you please let me know how far it was to the rental office and how you got there? Cost?
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 07:33 AM

We did it. It ended up that the agency in Keyseri was Sixt, but we returned the car in Kusadasi to Europebycar. That doesn't mean that your car will come from them, it could be another agency which might have an office right there. Just call AutoEurope and ask!! Surely if one person doesn't know, someone must, or will be able to find out for you. We were met on arrival at the airport in Keyseri by a man with a sign, who took us to downtown, not far, where we got our car. It was quite inexpensive, but since it was also 4 years ago, I'm not sure how relevant the actual price would be now.
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 09:30 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Patrick - I was hoping you would respond as I knew you picked up at Auto Europe and drove in Turkey. I got zero help from AutoEurope when I asked these questions. I will try to call them again and hope I get a representative a little more willing to help.

Just so that I have this straight - did you make separate arrangements to have someone meet you at the airport(what I meant by cost), or was it part and parcel of the car rental? If it was seperate, I just need to add that transportation expense to my calculations. If it was not far I will not worry about it too much. There are some rentals right at the airport though, I believe, and if the costs are similar I will take the ease of on-site rental over off-site.
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 09:38 AM

I'm not sure you're understanding me. When you make a contract with AutoEurope, the actual car may come from Avis, or Sixt, or Europebycar, or anyone else. AutoEurope will set you up with whichever agency has the best price and will then tell you which agency that is. If for some reason that desk is not at the airport -- or is closed, then certainly that agency will make the arrangements to meet you without cost. You seem to indicate there is no AutoEurope desk at the airport. There never is -- at any airport. AutoEurope will tell you which agency's desk to go to in order to pick up the car or will make arrangements for them to meet you so long as your contract is for an airport rental.
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 10:03 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Patrick - I am sorry - I think I was not expressing my thoughts clearly. I should not have said "picked up at AutoEurope"!

I have used AutoEurope for a few rentals and know they are a broker - hence no desk at the airport. However, when I go to their website they do not even offer the OPTION of airport pickup in Kayseri (unlike Izmir, Antalya, etc where one can chose an airport location) so I cannot contract for an airport rental at all,only a downtown location. I know whoever they may arrange the rental through does not have a desk at the airport. They did not offer that someone would be there at the airport to take me to the downdown location, they were not aware of a shuttle service and I figured that I would be responsible for arranging it myself. I just wondered how much of a hassle it would be and figured that someone who rented from them in the past would be able to tell me how it was handled. Perhaps when you did your rental some years ago they did offer airport rentals. Things may have changed in 4 years!
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 10:46 AM

OK, guess we are now at least on the same page. Funny how a word or two can change the way we perceive a question.
Now you've got me. I'm not sure that our rental was specifically an airport rental, I just assumed so. But they did tell me that we would be met at the airport, so I'm not sure why that should be any different. Have they indicated what company they will use there for your rental? Your next step if AutoEurope can't answer that might be to go to the website of the proper agency and ask them how you get to a car when arriving at the airport.
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 06:35 PM
Original Poster

LOL - A word or two - I re-read what I wrote in the first question and it is amazing that I even got my question out at all! I wrote that AutoEurope "does" show a an airport location - what I meant was it did NOT. Hope I was not wording my work emails at the time as poorly, or a lot of folks there will be scratching their heads too.

I looked at my AutoEurope quote, it is thru EuropeCar. So they are offsite, and Sixt is too. I am going to have to find a way to figure out who rents AT the airport.

Thanks for bearing with me Patrick!
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 07:02 PM

OK, listen to me carefully. We rented from AutoEurope at the Keyseri Airport. The car was from Sixt. Sixt did not have a desk at the airport. Sixt sent a representative with a sign to the airport to meet us and deliver us to the downtown location to get the car. We didn't pay anything for this service. I don't understand what the problem is.
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 07:05 PM

By the way, as I recall it couldn't have been more than about a 5 minute ride from the airport to the office downtown. Keyseri is NOT Los Angeles! Even if worst came to worst, and the agency didn't provide transportation to get their cars (which is really hard to imagine) or for some reason they never showed up to meet you, then a taxi should cost you about $5.00 at most. I think you are worrying for nothing.
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 07:17 PM
Original Poster

Thanks. If it only a few minutes to the downtown agency, then no problem at all. I appreciate the information.