Reload this Page >

Kassel to Antwerp

Search

Kassel to Antwerp

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 01:13 PM
Sarah

Kassel to Antwerp

I'm trying to figure out the best/fastest way to get from Kassel to Antwerp on September 9th. Any suggestions?

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 01:36 PM
slight help

Well, this might be of use: last month we needed to get from Kassel (are you there for Documenta XI?) to Bruges. The fastest way by train was Kasel to Franffurt, Franft to Koln, Koln to Bruges.

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 01:53 PM
KT

Go to www.bahn.de and click on International Guests to get the page in English. You can enter your stations and it will give you a list of alternative itineraries with the journey times calculated.

Old Sep 6th, 2002, 06:12 AM
Sarah

Thanks for the suggestions! Yes, I'm going to Kassel to see Documenta, and I'm entirely open to recommendations on the best way to "digest" such an expansive exhibit. Were you able so see most of what you wanted in a day or two?

Old Sep 9th, 2002, 01:20 PM
slight help

Hi Sarah,<BR> When you get back, this apology will be waiting for you...sorry I was away and didn't check the forum for a few days.<BR> Hope you enjoyed Documenta, I thought it was a little too much photography and not enough painting, but still found much of interest. Maybe enjoyed the last one a little more, but definitely did enjoy this one also.<BR> In addition to all the art I also love the crowd that shows up in Kassel every 5 years...all these intellectuals and artsy types create quite a scene.I hope we hear a report upon your return.

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 09:34 AM
jwt

What is Documenta and how long is it on in Kassel? I will be in that general area at Christmas and wonder if I should plan a visit. I'm getting that it's an art show but can't really find any details about who puts it on, etc. Thanks for any information.

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 08:43 PM
slight help

www.documenta.de