Search

Karlovy Vary

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 07:00 PM
Melanie

Karlovy Vary

I am going to Prague in early June for 10 days. We are planning on spending several days exploring in the countryside by car. Has anyone been to Karlovy Vary? How far is it from Prague and/or Cesky Kramlov? If you had to pick one town to stay in and still be able to visit other towns, where would you stay? Also, has anyone gone to one of the spas in Karlovy Vary? nice? prices ?<BR><BR>Thanks! Melanie

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 07:46 PM
ttt

to the top<BR>

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 01:53 PM
dano

Been to Karlovy Vary a few times. I personally would say that it is nice place to visit but i think you are better off in Prague. It is about an hour drive from there.<BR>Just my opinion. The town is pretty much now owned by the Russians actually.<BR>They have purchased most of the town.<BR>Just my opinion.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 03:28 PM
Marc David Miller

I had the time of my life (in a relaxing manner) in Karlovy Vary in January. Beautiful, peaceful town. Great food. No requirements at most hotels for minimum days. <BR><BR><BR>http://www.karlovyvary.cz/index_aj.htm

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 05:00 PM
Richard

I did a day trip to Karlovy Vary...walked around a bit, and then did the spa. The spa is a former sanitorium (sp?)and was very relaxing for me. There is a men's and women's side. I think I paid no more than 10usd for a day there which included a message. I would consider the area "charming" and probably wouldn't spend any longer time there. But, I really got some fantastic photos from there.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 06:40 PM
Deepa

I think K. Vay makes for a very, very worthwhile day-trip from Prague. Beautiful small town, nice restaurants, great shopping. If you are into crystal, Moser has its factory there with their shop, which is quite reasonable. I would suggest you hire a car.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 07:11 PM
Marc David Miller

Or take the bus--about 2-2 1/2 hours from Prague, ok trip (train is about 4+ hours from Prague).

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 08:57 AM
Marc David Miller

ttt