Reload this Page >

Just got back from Paris

Search

Just got back from Paris

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 08:24 AM
jetset

Just got back from Paris

Hello:<BR>We got back spending X'mas in the south of France and New Year's in Paris. We stayed in Minerve Hotel and used Paris Shuttle. Thanks to all your input on Minerve Hotel, it was a very nice accommodation, staff was very helpful and the Paris Shuttle, thanks to Mark, the driver was very prompt in picking us at 4:30 a.m. at the hotel.<BR>We enjoyed the holidays and thanks to all for providing helpful information!<BR>I will be glad to answer any questions...

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 09:23 AM
Natalie

Hi,<BR><BR>I'm planning a trip this April and would appreciate any tips you can offer on airfare and hotels. What prices should I expect and are 5 star hotels worth the money?<BR><BR>Many thanks,<BR>Natalie

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 11:43 AM
Wendy

Jetset, what did you do on NYE?

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 12:04 PM
Steve

Here is a pretty good website for Paris hotels. Some of the specials are excellent. We used one of their specials, stay 3 nights, get the 4th free, at the Sofitel L'Astor and it was a hell of a value (factoring in the free night it was just over $200 a night including breakfast for a 4+* hotel).<BR>http://parishotels-net.com/

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 12:36 PM
jetset

Hello:<BR>Sorry for the delay, could not find my own post until now.<BR>Anyway, Natalie - we went actually with Trafalgar touring France and stayed extra nights in Paris after the tour so could not help you. You might want to check with go-today.com - heard from many satisfied people, nice hotel accommodation.<BR>Wendy on NYE, all the restaurants were very busy and dinner prices were doubled so we end up having a nice dinner at one of the blvds. at the Champs Elysees - it was like a cafeteria style but the food was delicious and the place was nice. It was actually our 2nd time to have dinner at the place also there prices were doubled than the previous night we went but worth it.<BR>After dinner we walked up and down the boulevard, plenty of people strolling that was about from 8-10pm and then we walked to the Eiffel tower area, lively crowd with bottled champagne everywhere, we waited until midnight. there was no fireworks though and the hotel receptionist informed me about this that the city of Paris had stopped it since 9/11. <BR>It was a nice feeling to celebrate the holidays!!

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 12:41 PM
Diedre

How did you like the south of France?<BR><BR>Where did you go?<BR><BR>What did you enjoy the most?<BR><BR>Thanks in advance.<BR><BR>Diedre

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 04:45 PM
Mike

Does one think that jetset and Paris Shuttle/Mark are one and the same? Who would post after returning from a X'mas in the south of France and Paris to only praise Paris Shuttle and mention the Minevre Hotel.<BR><BR>I'm going to Paris in February, and after reading a lot of the posts on this board, Paris Shuttle is the last means of transportation that I will take.

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 05:15 PM
Mizoba

I also just returned from 2 weeks in Paris. We spent 4 nights at the hotel D'orsay. It was extremely nice at 138E per night for two. Another option is renting an apartment. There are quite a few rental agencies online. We rented a 3 bedroom apartment through PSR.com for 7 nights. It was enormous, beautiful and one block from the metro in the Latin Quarter. It was a little pricey at 325E per night for 3, but we saved quite a bit of money cooking breakfast and several dinners &quot;at home&quot;. The local Charcuteries and Bucheries made for great meals. The metro is clean and very easy to navigate. We actually did use Paris shuttle and they were very nice and efficient - but hardly the focus of the trip!! If you happen to be a collector of jazz and/or blues vinyl - you've got to go to Crocojazz record store at 64 Rue de la Montagne Ste Genevieve, 5thE. Also an awesome seafood experience in the same neighborhood at Le Bar a Huitres, 33 Rue Saint Jaques.