Reload this Page >

Just got back from Italy

Search

Just got back from Italy

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1st, 2000, 07:17 AM
Pam

Just got back from Italy

I would highly recommend these hotels: Portoghesi in Rome. Great location,wonderful staff,and goor accommodations. It is underrated. It was a wonderful; experience. Hotel Flora in Venice. Rooms are small especially the bathroom. Great location and friendly staff. <BR>Hotel Hermitage in Florence. It is a bit overrated,staff was not particularly friendly. Good location,but avoid rooms on the 4th floor under the dining room. The staff wears clogs and gets you up too early. <BR>Location is great. It is next to the Ponte Vecchio bridge. Rooms on the street side are too noisy. <BR>Get reservations for the Uffizi and the accademy online. All three cities were incredibly crowded. The eurostar was wonderful. It was worth getting tickets. You probably only need 2nd class. You can buy tickets online and they will fedex them within 2 days. <BR>Had a wonderful trip. Weather was in the 60's.

Old Nov 1st, 2000, 09:08 AM
elaine

Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip. <BR>Do you have more details on the Portoghesi in Rome: location, price, <BR>amenities?

Old Nov 1st, 2000, 10:39 AM
ann

I'll chime in with another recommendation for the Portoghesi. We stayed there for two nights two weeks ago and were very happy with it. The location is ideal - just a few blocks from Piazza Navona. We walked everywhere except the train station, including the Vatican. Our double room was L310,000, including breakfast in their enclosed rooftop dining area. The bedroom and the bathroom were both well-appointed and a decent size. I would definitely stay there again.

Old Nov 1st, 2000, 03:14 PM
Erica

Does the Portoghesi in Rome have a website? I've done a search and can't seem to find it. Thanks. <BR>

Old Nov 2nd, 2000, 01:43 PM
ann

You can find it through www.venere.it Here's the link: http://www.venere.it/it/roma/portoghesi/ <BR>

Old Nov 5th, 2000, 12:26 PM
Daniel

I also recommend the Portoghesi. You can't beat the area. We were there in the beginning of October. Many people prefer the Hotel Due Torre. It's in the same area as the Portoghesi. <BR> <BR>Whatever you do, don't stay anywhere near the train station. There are hotels all over that area, but it is too far from the evening fun spots, and historic sites. <BR> <BR>Rome is by far the most interesting and fun city I've visited. Have fun.