Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

just got back from a week in the Bavarian Forrest.Need info?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20th, 1999, 02:01 AM
Leo

Hello, i just stayed a week in a hotel in the Bavarian Forrest in the area between Regensburg and Passau. We booked a hotel in a small village called Zwiesel, and we loved it!!!! I know the webmaster doesn't like people advertising, but i was thrilled by this hotel so i can,t help myself. <BR>The hotel was very good, so i can recommend it to everyone. Inside heated pool and sauna, all included, VERY nice personal,VERY good breakfastbuffet and the owners wife cooking Bavarian specialties for their guests, and no busses or crowds here, only families. <BR>The surroundings are peacefull and beautifull. <BR>Wanna know more about this hotel or the surrounding there, mail me, i'll be glad to be of some assistance, Leo.

Old Jul 20th, 1999, 03:29 AM
Maira

Leo---Can you post the hotel info? My husband & I are planning to attend Oktoberfest 2000 and want to start drafting a route around that area.

Old Jul 20th, 1999, 07:04 AM
Jan

Leo, My husband and I are flying into Frankfort and planning to drive down to Bavaria around Sept. 18. We haven't booked any hotels yet since we haven't decided when and where exactly we will be. We are interested in any additional information you may have. Thanks.

Old Jul 20th, 1999, 08:21 AM
Leo

<BR>Hello Maria + Jan, the url from the hotel we stayed in is: <BR>http://www.urlaubstip.de/magdalenenhof <BR>It's in a little town called Zwiesel close to the Tjech border(east side of Bavaria). <BR>The area is perfect for hiking and relaxing.(close to the National Parc). <BR>There are plenty possibilities to make daytrips to f.i. Munich, Passau,Prague(Tjech.)a.s.o. by touringcar. <BR>The site is in German only, but if you are having trouble with this i'll be glad to translate it for you. <BR>The hotels special is : 7 night accomodation including breakfastbuffet(you can bake your own cinnaminwaffels) and diner(Bavarian specialties cooked by the owners wife) for DM.396,- including sauna & indoor heated swimmingpool. <BR>url Zwiesel : <BR>http://www.zwiesel.de <BR>If you want more specific info, just let me know. <BR>Friendly greetings from Leo....

Old Jul 20th, 1999, 08:34 AM
Leo

Oh yeah, i forgot if you are planning to stay at the hotel Magdalenenhof here's the E-mail adress:[email protected], or the fax-e-mail on their site. <BR>If you contact them feel free to mention my name(L.Aarts from Holland),because it would be nice to know if anyone booked the hotel because of my recommodation!!! <BR>Bye, Leo........... <BR>

Old Jul 20th, 1999, 08:58 AM
Maira

Leo---- I checked the sites. The place looks divine! Thanks for sharing. <BR>