Reload this Page >

Just back from Venice. Questions?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 01:11 AM
Meg

Just had a magical two days in Venice. Packed a lot into a short time. Willing to help with any questions/ recommnedations etc.

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 06:21 AM
Debbie

Hi Meg: <BR>I will be in Italy in a few weeks and unfortunately only have 2 days planned in Venice. There is so much I want to see. What recommendations do you have to try to pack in a lot into a short time? What were you able to fit in? Any places you would skip? Must see's? Any recommendations would be appreciated! Thanks : ) --Debbie

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 01:50 PM
Jim

Meg,I am going to Venice the end of May for the second time. Do you have any suggestions on accommodations?

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 03:16 PM
shawn pletsch

Meg-Me, too! Me, too! Will be there on August 18 & 19. I want to hear all about it, also. Thanks, Shawn

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 04:14 PM
cindy

whoa debbi - lots of us want to hear your insights into venice. we will be there for only 3 days and know we will not be able to see it all. please let us know about any must do things and any restaurants that you would recommend. we are staying at the pensione accademia. did you see it . thaks very much. cindy

Old Apr 24th, 2001, 05:52 AM
Kathy

We're also staying at the Pensione Accademia this October and would love to hear about Venice: It's our first trip; we have two days and want to make the most of it. A good friend recommended Ristorante di Fiore, and we've already made reservations!

Old Apr 24th, 2001, 08:54 AM
Jane

I am also staying at the Pensione Accademia in July - has anyone stayed there? What suggestions to you have for 2 days in Venice?

Old Apr 24th, 2001, 09:47 AM
Steve Bird

Hi Meg, <BR> <BR>We only have July 12 and 13 in Venice at the Hotel Caneva. For two teens, what would be some highlights? <BR> <BR>Thanks! <BR> <BR>Steve

Old Apr 24th, 2001, 10:22 AM
Leone

Looking for a hotel in Venice ... try the Hotel Flora near San Marco. A 3-star, and you will love it, I guarantee! Kathy, it's Da Fiore restaurant ... take a look at their website. It's the best in Venice ... and you must reserve in advance. Also, take a look at the Cheap Eats book for more moderately priced places. If you're flying in to Marco Polo Airport, by all means take the boat into the city, to San Marco via the Lido. This is the only way to enter Venice, and if you do, you'll be so happy you didn't miss one of the most interesting and memorable ways to see a city for the first time. While there, use the vaporetti as much as you can, certainly at night, and forget your map ... get lost (there are lots of signs pointing you to the major sqaures). Enjoy Venice!!

Old Apr 24th, 2001, 12:12 PM
donna

Hello, my friend and I are planning a week in Venice this September. Do you have any favorite hotel or inn, any must see places not touristy even if I am one! How are the chances for "a room with a view?" any advice would be happily received. Donna

Old Apr 24th, 2001, 02:01 PM
Rex

Is this just me in the mood to feel like sniping? Or can someone tell me what is a "must see" place that is "not touristy"? Can someone name one? in Venice? or anywhere in the world? <BR> <BR>Maybe I just don't understand the concept of "not touristy" - - you mean they sell no guide books? no postcards? no brochures? no nearby concessions? How "must see" would it be to have none of those? <BR> <BR>I mean you no disrespect, donna. I must just be one of those semantic moods. <BR> <BR>Best wishes, <BR> <BR>Rex <BR>

Old Apr 25th, 2001, 01:23 PM
Leigh

Going back to Italy this summer. I spent 6 weeks there a few years back, however, I didn't visit Venice. I had mixed reviews from friends who said that it smells pretty bad b/c of the water. Your thoughts?? Thanks!!

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 06:31 AM
jo

Leigh <BR> <BR>Venice is one of those places that you have to experience for yourself. No matter if the water smells (It didn't when I was there). <BR> <BR>Don't miss it because of what other people say. Make your own decision on it after visiting it. <BR> <BR>Even if your friends have the same exact feelings on places and things that you do it's something you need to experience on your own. <BR> <BR>

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 08:10 AM
Adrienne

I am going to Venice next week for 4 days. Do you recommend any tours? Eat at any great restaurants? Buy any thing great? Eager to hear from you.

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 08:43 AM
Jev

So what happened to Meg? Has she decided not actually answer any of the questions posted. <BR> <BR>Waiting with anticipation....

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 10:30 AM
marisa

I am leaving next week for Italy and will have two days in Venice. Are there any restaurants anyone recommends?