Hello to everybody!
We just got back from a 13 day visit to Slovenia and Croatia which also included a visit to Trieste.
As always, my trip report will be posted on my web page in a few weeks, and here I'll just mention the highlights.
We spent 5+ days in Slovenia (Bled, Skofia Loka, Ljubljana, Postoyna, Piran), 5+ days in northern Croatia (Istria, Plitvica, Zadar)and 2 days in the Trieste area. The weather was great and we enjoyed every minute, particularly the 3 days we spent in Zadar. Zadar is a delightful town, with the possibility of making interesting side trips to many national parks and islands.
One of the most interesting places we visited was Pag, a bridge-accessible island just north of Zadar. It's 2 main towns are Pag town, and Novalya. The island is very unusual with a landscape similar to the American west. Pag town has a real midievil center, and Novalya is a beautiful seaside resort town with a very active nightlife and many good restaurants.
Everything was just great!
I'll be happy to answer any specific questions about where we went, what we did, where we stayed or anything else.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 land vs river cruise
- 2 Where to stay in Naples?
- 3 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 4 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 5 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 6 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 7 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 8 Tips for first trip to UK
- 9 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 10 Portugal
- 11 Browsing Barcelona
- 12 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 13 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 14 Malaga Christmas lights
- 15 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 16 Croatia in mid/late October
- 17 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 18 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 19 Help with Venice Trip?
- 20 Dubrovnik
- 21 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 22 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 23 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 24 Norte Dame light show!
- 25 Where to Eat in Barcelona
Hello to everybody!