Reload this Page >

Just back from Greece (3 weeks)

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22nd, 2001, 04:20 PM
Lee

My husband and I just got back from three weeks in Greece. We went to Crete, Santorini, Rhodes, Simi and Nafplio. We had the most wonderful time and wish we were still there. (To help me re-live it...) If you need any advice I am willing to help out.

Old Oct 22nd, 2001, 04:48 PM
Sue

Hi Lee, <BR> <BR>Tell us more. I love the island of Symi. What did you do there? How was the weather? Any swimmming? How were the Greeks? Friendly? <BR> <BR>Sue

Old Oct 23rd, 2001, 05:13 AM
canuck

How did you travel from island to island? How much time did you spend in each place and which place would you have spent more time? We were in Crete, Santorini and Rhodes 15 years ago so I assume the costs have escalated dramatically - how did you find prices?

Old Oct 23rd, 2001, 04:27 PM
Lee

SUE - We loved Symi too. We actually stayed in Pedi Beach at the Pedi Beach Hotel. Not much beach, but good enough to swim at. We snorkled alot and found shells; the water was really warm and clear. We really enjoyed the main town...walking around, shopping, eating. We ate twice at a great restaurant... Georgios Taverna. The best food! And made friends with Lakis the bus driver. It was a fun island and the people were really nice. <BR> <BR>CANUK - We went to Crete (Hania & Iraklio) - 7 nights total, Santorini (Firostephani) - 4 nights, Rhodes (Ixia)-4nights, Symi (Pedi Beach) - 2 nights, Nafplio - 2nights, Athens -1 night. We really think that the most expensive thing was flying from California to Greece. The domestic flights were reasonable and so were the hotels, even though we opted to stay in a really nice one in Santorini (we used Dolphin Hellas travel agency in Athens). The food was very reasonable, bordering on inexpensive. All of the hotels had breakfast included and inroom refridgerators for stuff we bought (water, beer, snacks). I know that if we can we will go spend more time in Santorini and Symi...as well as in the Pelloponese. It was a truly wonderful experience.

Old Jan 26th, 2002, 07:39 PM
Sri

Lee,<BR><BR>My wife and I are planning a trip to santorini and crete in June. What cities and what hotels did you stay in and what did you think of them? Thanks.<BR><BR>Sri

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 03:23 AM
Giovanna

What hotel did you stay in Peloponnese and how did you get around? We will be there in May and I'm eager to read about this part of your trip

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 04:32 AM
jw

Hi Lee, I've never heard of Symi! Can you write a bit more? Where is it? What's the landscape like, architecture, churches? Or is this more of a resort island. J.

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 07:52 AM
Rob McCoist

jw<BR><BR>Symi is around 2 hours by ferry from Rhodes. Take a look at the following address for some informationBR><BR> http://www.symivisitor.com/home.htm<BR><BR>Rob

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 08:49 AM
Mary

I am planning to go to Athenes in April with my husband and my daugther. Are hotels expensive ? Do they rent appartment for one week ? We live in Paris, but were born in Mauritius. I can help you if you want to visit this beautiful island one day.

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 01:13 PM
sandy

Hi, I am planning to spend 3 nights in Santorini. Any sightseeing tips would be most welcome.