Reload this Page >

just back from 10 incredible days

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2nd, 1999, 09:10 PM
hcopelan

<BR>My wife and I have just returned from a great trip that included stays in Seville, Toledo and Salamanca.From the flight (Spanair) to the car rental (Avis) to the hotels and restaurants, everything worked out great.The weather was cold but perfect for walking the cities.We were out at all hours and could not have felt safer.If anyone is planning to visit these cities I would be more than happy to furnish specifics.

Old Dec 3rd, 1999, 01:45 AM
Maira

Mr. Copelan-- I remembered you! How was Salamanca? Where did you stay? Did you take any day trips from there? <BR> <BR>Is great you are now willing to share your first-hand travel experiences!! <BR>

Old Dec 16th, 1999, 01:16 AM
Bobby Ghosh

Hi, <BR> <BR>Thanks for offering to share your experiences. My wife and I are off to Spain next week, for three weeks. We're planning to stay one day and night in Toledo. My question: is that enough, or would you recommend that we stay two days? <BR>Cheers, <BR>Bobby

Old Dec 16th, 1999, 05:04 AM
henry

Mr.copelan:Could you provide info for your Seville hotel?Thanks.

Old Dec 16th, 1999, 06:26 AM
maria

I am glad to hear you had a great time, Spain for my husband and I has been a magical. historical place, especially Sevilla. We are returning to Spain during Holy Week of 2000 and plan to visit the Castilla/La Mancha region including Siguenza, Cuenca, Almagro and Toledo. Any suggestions for sightseeing, restaurants and special off-the-beaten-track sites would be very appreciated. We have hotel reservations made and are staying at the Hostal del Cardenal in Toledo...we heard it is beautiful, well-situated and has a great restaurant. Any other Toledo ideas for our two days/two nights time there? Thanks!! Maria

Old Dec 16th, 1999, 07:27 AM
maribel

Dear hcopelan, <BR>Would also love to hear more about your trip and am so glad you had a great time in those wonderful cities. Also glad to hear that Spanair worked well for you. Avis has been extremely reliable for us during our summers in Spain as well-the vehicles have been brand new and the pick-up and return hassle free. Please give us more details about your trip! <BR> <BR>P.S. to Maria, <BR> You'll love the Hostal del Cardenal and its restaurant. It and the Pintor El Greco (and the Parador, of course, when budget permits) are my favorite charming hotels in Toledo. As you may already know the Hostal restaurant is owned by the Botin family who own Sobrinos de Botin (world's oldest restaurant, according to G. Book of Records, and immortalized by Hemingway's The Sun Also Rises)on the Cava Baja in Old Madrid. Great food at both places(the "cordero asado" and "cochinillo asado" are specialties) and lovely, atmospheric rooms in the Hostal. The Botin family has just opened another restaurant on this side of the Atlantic, in Coral Gables, Fla, for anyone who is in that neck of the woods and hankers for hearty Castilian fare. It has the same name, Sobrinos de Botin. Has anyone tried it? Francesca, perhaps? <BR>Felices fiestas! <BR>Maribel