Reload this Page >

just a spontaneous note of appreciation

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 10:09 AM
elaine

I am not trying to jinx it, but since T'giving this board seems to be much improved in civility,and the reponsiveness and travel information I've seen here lately are just outstanding, and unmatched anywhere else I've been on the web.<BR>Thanks to all.<BR><BR>And dear Fodors, although we complain a lot, and this message board still has its quirks and limitations, I've never said "thank you" for so vastly improving the speed of the Search function. I used to start a search and then go read "War and Peace" while I waited for the results. Now they come in instantaneously. Not<BR>completely, not with the most recent postings included, but so very fast that I am very appreciative of your efforts.<BR>Thanks.

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 10:52 AM
Ralph

Elaine....I couldn't disagree with you more.<BR><BR>The board is awful, and the search funciton puts me to sleep.<BR><BR>I hate spontenaity. I also hate spelling words I don't know how to spell. WHY DOESN'T FODORS HAVE SPELL CHECK??????????<BR>Ralph

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 10:57 AM
Dan

Just wondering Ralph. If this board is awful, why are you here?

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 10:58 AM
cdf

Elaine, yes, I know what you mean, occasionally there is still the cranky and nit picky, but over all there seems to be a slow down in meaness.Nice of you to mention it~C.<BR>And Ralph-re: the spelling--if some people didn't think their mission was to correct everyones spelling errors, other people wouldn't feel so strongly about getting everything word perfect..write it anyway-we can figure out your spelling.

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 10:59 AM
Spelz Gud

Wouldn't spell check be a function of the browser, not a site? If you care that much about spell check, you could always compose your message in Word and then paste it onto the site.

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 11:07 AM
Capo

I agree, Elaine; the nastiness does seem to have died down. And I second your "thank you" to Fodors for the tremendous improvement in the speed of the Search function. <BR><BR>Out of curiousity, I finally got around to checking out Lonely Planet's Thorn Tree website since I've seen it mentioned numerous times here. From what I saw, there were certainly informative posts, but I didn't like the layout of the site compared to this one. I think this forum has an excellent design and is easy to negotiate. (By the way, can anyone tell me what the "Thorn" in "Thorn Tree" is supposed to refer to?) <BR><BR><BR>

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 11:24 AM
L

Well, the USA board is just as big a mess as always. But at least we're learning something about italian gravy, people who stand in plane aisles, and that long term topic, the care and feeding of monkeys. I can also report Fodors is deleting the trash at record pace. Ciao

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 01:48 PM
nancy

Since mid- Sept.<BR>I have been only rarely frequenting this site.<BR>Just got on for the first itme in a couple weeks I think.<BR><BR>I was just thinking about how much fun this site was last year around the holiday season.<BR><BR>hope you are correct Elaine!<BR><BR>

Old Nov 30th, 2001, 07:55 AM
Judy

Elaine and all the regulars:Just want to say "Thank you" to all of you for providing excellent travel advices and entertaining and informative trip reports. <BR><BR>There are up and down on this site, but,I could always count on finding some answers to any travel question on Europe.

Old Nov 30th, 2001, 08:12 AM
Sally

I agree with Elaine - the search function has really become MUCH faster! And generally, yes people do seem to be more civil.