Reload this Page >

July honeymoon Portugal

Search

July honeymoon Portugal

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2nd, 1999, 06:49 AM
Marilyn

July honeymoon Portugal

Hi, we are looking into a honeymoon in Portugal the first two weeks in July. Love to go to a beach for a few days to unwind after the wedding and then go exploring the countryside. Ideas we have are to go to the coast near Sintra head up north to the Minho area and time to exlore the area around Evora and then Lisbon. Don't know if we could do it all. We will probably rent a car. <BR>Any ideas that would make this a wonderful trip would be appreciated. Thanks Marilyn

Old Dec 2nd, 1999, 07:26 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Marilyn, Do you have an hour ? I have <BR>some ideas for you but too much to tell <BR>here on the forum. You should consider <BR>a " Pousada itinerary" if your budget <BR>can take an average of perhaps $130 per <BR>nite. I have planned about a dozen trips <BR>to Portugal and love the place. Contact <BR>me directly if you want some details.

Old Dec 6th, 1999, 10:31 AM
Betty Ann

Marilyn, We just returned from our second trip to Portugal. Be sure to contact Bob, his advice is right on. Although Portugal is a small country, there is so much to see and do; don't spread yourselves too thin. We enjoy the Minho region tremendously. The many small towns, especially on market day, are an experience and we really enjoyed the National Park with its marvelous views of the terraced hillsides and the interesting villages. The food everywhere is great, be prepared for gigantic, dinner sized lunches! We often had a dinner of bread, cheese and wine in our room because we couldn't face more food than that. We stayed at a beautiful pousada in Viana do Castelo (recommended by Bob), overlooking the river, the town, the Atlantic AND the magnificent church, St Luzia. <BR>I can't say enough good things about Portugal. Don't be put off by people who say the drivers are maniacs. True they drive very fast but we had no problems on the highways (everyone could pass us) and on the narrow, rural roads we pulled over whenever we could to let other drivers pass. People were very helpful and the highways and roads are well marked. You will love Portugal!

Old Dec 8th, 1999, 07:32 AM
Marilyn

Hi Bob the Navigator, <BR> Thanks for the tips about Portugal. How do I get in touch with you for more details? <BR>Thanks, <BR> Marilyn <BR>

Old Dec 12th, 1999, 08:51 AM
Just

<BR> <BR> Have you tried his e-mail address?

Old Jan 20th, 2000, 09:29 AM
Suzanne

Definitely go to the Estorial coast. We found it to be romantic. Sintra is great! <BR> <BR>If you do go to Sintra, explore taking the tour of the Quinta de la Regelaria. An amazing old palace and grounds. A Portuguese friend took us there. The tour guide translated everything to English just for my husband and me. From what I understand, this palace just opened to the public in the past year. It was amazing!