Reload this Page >

Its Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 10:02 AM
Eric

Open discussion on travel, where have you been lately??? We went to Paris in May, stayed in the 7th, this was our fourth trip.<BR><BR>Lets talk

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 10:04 AM
Grasshopper

I got back from a week in the Netherlands on business last Friday. Today I'm leaving for 12 days in Switzerland. Locarno and Vevey. I need to leave my office and pack!<BR><BR>Ciao.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 10:04 AM
Bruce Hayes

My wife and I are going to Paris in early September and will be staying in the 7th (Grand Hotel Leveque on Rue Cler).<BR><BR>What did you think of the 7th?

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 10:06 AM
s.fowler

Just got back from Paris and Belgium on Tuesday -- still jetlagged. Had a wonderful trip -- also stayed in the 7th at Hotel La Motte Picquet [for the 3rd time] Visited many museums, drank a lot of GOOD red wine, thoroughly explored Montmartre and the covered passages/galeries with the help of the American guide recommended on this board -- Michael Osman. Even though I know Paris it was great to have another person's "take". He's very knowledgeable and a lot of fun!

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 10:07 AM
christine

Went to London and Burgandy, France for two weeks in May. Had an amazing time, although found out was pregenant just before the trip which but put a dent in the pub crawls.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 10:08 AM
Lori

Was in the South of France the beginning of May for 10 days. Nice and Provence. Las Vegas (for the fake Paris) possibly in October, and watching the dollar vs euro for maybe a quick weekend in Paris in November. Gotta Christmas shop you know!!

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 10:13 AM
Eric

The 7th is a very nice quite place to stay, we also stayed on Rue cler walked by your hotel everyday, you will love the neighborhood. We purchased a bottle of wine everynight and would go back to our hotel and drink wine and plan our next day.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 10:14 AM
elaine

I was going to respond to your title with "thank god"! but I think now that's unconstitutional.<BR><BR>My last overseas trip was London in Feb. I'm holding off on the next plan until some other major issues in my life settle down. I'm aching for Italy and/or Paris again, but also want to get Amsterdam "off the list."

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 10:15 AM
Vita

Went to London for the first time in May.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 10:18 AM
Eric

We also stayed at the Hotel Picquet, how did you like the poodle? Also did you get to meet Danielle, probably spelled her name wrong, oh well.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 10:20 AM
Eric

Hey Lori<BR><BR>How did you like the south of France, I would love to go and check it out.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 10:21 AM
russ

Elaine,<BR><BR>How about, "Thank (insert deity of your choice)"?<BR><BR>Had great time in Italy and France 2 weeks ago. HOT! In Paris stayed in the 6th on Rue Jacob and loved it.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 10:28 AM
Tammy

Went to Kent, London and Paris in May. Now I'm in the early planning stages for Italy in fall 2003! Also, it looks like the family wants to go to Scotland in 2004. Talk about long term planning!

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 10:48 AM
Peter

Got back from Paris last week. Stayed in the 6th on Rue Du Dragon. Walked everywhere. Bought a 5-day museum pass. Louvre is open until 9:45 on Mondays and Wednesdays – no crowds. Monday night, Mona Lisa room was empty. Renaissance Galleries are unbelievable. Gallery of Rubens’s paintings of Marie De Medici and Henri IV was incredible (map labels the room as 17th Century Flemish Art) – I could go on for hours. Went to the Musee D’Orsay, Musee Delacroix, Musee L’Armee and Napoleon’s Tomb, Musee de Cluny, Musee Rodin, Notre Dame, Conciergerie, etc. Visited Versaille – a bit disappointed that the fountains were off, but we made a conscious decision to go on a weekday, and the fountains only work on Sundays.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 10:55 AM
elaine

Russ<BR>nope, it's that deity thing that won't work at all this week. Otherwise I could call on Mithras or Thor.<BR><BR>

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 11:12 AM
pam

One week and counting to Paris,Beaune and Provence. <BR>I am sooo excited.<BR>

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 11:27 AM
Mary Anne Cook

Was in France the last 2 and a half weeks in May. First visit and even better in every way than I imagined. <BR>Enjoyed the 7th in the Relais Bosquet. Neat hotel with a beautiful view of the Eiffel Tower and the moon almost every night we were in Paris. Enjoyed the chateauxes-then to Avignon and last 3 days in Nice. To me the French Riviera is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. The museums, the cathedrals(Chartres so amazing), the rides through the country on the TGV, the people we met, and French pastries unforgettable.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 11:36 AM
wanda abright

Nothing so erotic, if true be known, just Giant, Fresh Fields, Safeway. We're just not all well travelled. Can I still post here?

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 11:46 AM
russ

Elaine,<BR><BR>Oh...I thought the problem was in singling out the Judeo-Christian god, as opposed to all supreme beings (supreme court not-included).<BR><BR>How about, "Thank (insert favorite actor or pop star here). Although we might her a lot more "Thank Brittney"'s than I would care to hear.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 11:50 AM
Linda

Leave next Wednesday for Munich, Bavaria and Lake Geneva area. Can't wait.<BR><BR>Grasshopper, If you haven't left yet, have a great trip! Let me know which concerts you see at the Montreux Jazz Feastival. Linda

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -