Itinerary Logistics

Search

Itinerary Logistics

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6th, 2019, 09:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Itinerary Logistics

I’m planning a trip for two to Europe for November/December (dates are flexible as is the length of time of the entire trip, but probably no more than a month). We’ve both been to Europe numerous times but I tend to get bogged down with logistics when I start adding in multiple destinations, so advice is welcome! We’ll be flying from the East Coast USA (Washington, DC area). We’d like to do Amsterdam, Brussels, and Paris (these stays will include day trips out of the cities), but I’d also like to go down to the French Alps, Annecy in particular, because it’s one part of France I haven’t done and as long as I’m there, if possible, I’d like to get it in this time. We’re not skiers so weather-wise, will this still be enjoyable? Any other towns in the area you recommend? And in terms of the circuit of the entire trip, what would make the most sense of which city to fly into and which to return to USA from? (Would flying into or out of Geneva instead of one of the other cities be preferable?) Thanks for your input!
Old Aug 6th, 2019, 11:19 PM

Received 12 Likes on 1 Post
Flying into or out of Geneva would make sense for visiting Annecy. You could fly into Geneva, take the bus to Annecy, rent a car if you like in Annecy and drive to Dijon, Lyon, etc. before taking a train to Paris. Then train to Brussels before going onto Amsterdam and flying home from there. Or reverse the trip to fly into AMS and out of Geneva.

If going out of Geneva, make sure to drop the rental car on the French side of the airport so no cross country charges are incurred.
Old Aug 7th, 2019, 12:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
During the period of your purposed visit, it will be very cold, probably very cloudy, and daylight will be limited. Not ideal conditions for sightseeing nor for traveling. I would spend more time in the cities where there are concerts, museums, shopping, and a good variety of restaurants.

Winter time is well suited for exploring the many cultural opportunities that cities can provide.