Itinerary help needed

Search

Itinerary help needed

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Itinerary help needed

I posted this a half hour ago, but now cannot find it. I apologize if there is a repeat. I need help planning a 7-9 day trip to France/Italy in mid-April. I've been to Paris and most of Italy north of Rome, my husband hasn't been to either. I'm thinking a little bit of Paris, a little French countryside, and a little Northern Italy. Is this do-able in the amount of time we have? Any specific suggestions?
Thanks a lot! Beth
Old Jan 24th, 2006, 01:58 PM

All you'll get is a "teenie weenie" bit.

I would suggest that you spend 4-5 days in Paris, then take the 3 hr TGV to Avignon, pick up a car, and spend 3-4 days in Provence to get your countryside fix. Then the day before departure home, take the TGV to Dijon to see a little bit of a Burgundy city. Then at 6:30am departure day, take the TGV directly to CDG & get there at 8:20am which, I hope, will give you enough time before your departure.

Stu Dudley
Old Jan 24th, 2006, 02:01 PM

Hi Beth,
If you click on your screen name you'll see there is only one message so maybe the first one didn't work..

Welcome to fodors!
As for French countryside, on your way to Italy have a stop in Dijon, Burgundy. Architecture, good food and wines. And not too crowded even with Easter holidays!
Old Jan 24th, 2006, 02:02 PM

You see, even Stu said so! ;-)
Old Jan 24th, 2006, 02:14 PM

Coco - I'll be coming your way for a 2 week stay in Beaujolais, followed by a 2 week stay in Burgundy in Sept. The last day, I'll do my typical Dijon to CDG thing. We've rented a Gite in Saint Romain near Beaune. I'll have to contact you later for some restaurant recommendations in Dijon..

Stu Dudley
Old Jan 25th, 2006, 06:37 AM

Hi Stu,
I wish I could test and taste all Dijon restaurants to tell you, but unfortunately I'm afraid I won't be of much help. Maybe with their (good)reputation then...

Have a look at cityvox website in English http://www.eng.cityvox.fr/restaurants_dijon/Restaurants
AND in French
http://www.fra.cityvox.fr/guide_dijon/AccueilVille
(on the english one, the comments are in French anyway..)
It is a pity you didn't come last september when I met nukesafe (Dick), Tammy and friends before their barge trip. Their hotel was just in front yours (but I think you already know it ;-) )
ttt for Beth