Itinerary Help and suggestions needed

Old May 20th, 2022, 12:47 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Itinerary Help and suggestions needed

We are travelling to Ireland in 1st week of September and we have finally after lot of research come up with the following plan. We are renting a car in Dublin. Please let me know if its doable or just too hectic. Really appreciate any help or tips you guys can offer especially from any local residents or folk who have travelled there. We are ok doing one night stays as we don't like too laid back vacations either.
Day 1 & 2 Explore Dublin

Day 3 Drive to Kilkenny via Wicklow, Glendalough and Kilkenny Castle. We will stay the night in Kilkenny
Day 4 Drive from Kilkenny, do Rock of Cashel, Hore Abbey, Cobh for an hour and head to Kinsale.

Day 5 Leave Kinsale for Kenmare and on the way spend day visiting Torc waterfalls, Muckross Abbey, Ross Castle from outside, Ladies View and Molls Gap
Day 6 Do the ROK and than stay in Dingle but we are not sure whether this will be too much driving
Day 7 Drive the Slea head loop in the Dingle peninsula. We are thinking of staying in Tarbert overnight so we can take the ferry next day.
Day 8 Drive to Doolin and take the cruise to visit Inis Oirr and cliffs of Moher and stay in Doolin
Day 9 Drive through Burren, if possible Connemera or just visit Kylemore abbey and stay in Westport
Day 10 Drive to London Derry and spend time exploring the city
Day 11 Derry to Belfast via Giant causeway, Rope bridge, Dark hedges, Dunluce castle
Day 12 Belfast and stay in trim
Day 13 Fly back. Our flight is at noon from Dublin.

Thanks,
Old May 22nd, 2022, 05:41 AM

Hello Geeta;
we were just across the pond in April. Had an excellent holiday. We mirrored some of what you’re doing but based ourselves out of Dublin (the Shelbourne to be exact). The Cliffs of Moher were a highlight for me, but be warned, the water was rough if you choose to see the cliffs from the sea. Which I also highly recommend. You don’t get the full beauty of them just by walking the trail. I particularly enjoyed the Rock of Cashel as well and also KILKENNY, glendalough and the beauty of the Wicklow Mountains. Another good stop is The Clonmacnoise Monastic settlement which you can visit upon leaving Doolin en route to Belfast. Just my two cents. Enjoy
Old May 23rd, 2022, 06:47 AM
Original Poster

Travebuff127, thanks for your comment. Yes we had Clonmacnoise on our list but we will decide depending on how our day works. Did you guys rent a car and do day trips from dublin or stayed elsewhere too.
Old May 29th, 2022, 05:53 AM

Hi Geeta;

We hired a driver and shared expense with another couple so we all could enjoy the pubs in our travels. Besides, No one thought they could adjust to driving on the other side of the road. Best decision we ever made. Got to nap in between scenic stops.