Itinerary around Spain for 2 weeks

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need an itinerary! Im living in Madrid for 5 months and have two weeks free to travel. I would like to go to a lot of places in spain for these two weeks. Im already going to segovia, toledo, cordoba, barcelona and granada for weekends during the five months but I would also like to go places like ibiza, seville, cadiz, san sebastian, mallorca, valencia, nerja and bilbao! I know it's a lot of places and I am definitely under a budget and a time crunch but i'm trying to figure out the most feasible way to see as much as I can. If you can help at all please let me know!
Old Jan 26th, 2012, 09:27 AM

Grouping the cities by area would be a little more helpful for you:

Valencia, Ibiza, Mallorca
Seville, Cadiz, Nerja
San Sebastian, Bilbao

Then see how far each one is from Madrid by bus, train, plane so you can work out what the best schedule and price for you is. Valencia is 1.5hr away by the fast train (but cost over $100 - in CAD). Seville is 2.5hrs...etc.

I've been finding the site http://gospain.about.com/ very helpful on planning (transportation, things to do, etc.)
Old Jan 26th, 2012, 09:30 AM

Here's their page on "Weekend Breaks": http://gospain.about.com/od/beforeyo...s-In-Spain.htm

Maybe you can add some of the cities you're interested in on weekends then spend the 2 weeks on a relaxing break rather than a rushed one?
Old Jan 26th, 2012, 09:32 AM

A long time ago we did a 15 to 20 day trip in Spain by car which included Andalusia. Given that you want to see Seville, Cadiz and Nerja as well as Granada and Cordoba, you might want to consider doing Granada and Cordoba during a longer trip to the area and spend a weekend somewhere else (Avila/Salamanca? Bilbao?).
Old Jan 26th, 2012, 09:45 AM

With only 2 weeks I think at most you could only be able to do 2 of the grouping of cities above.

You may want to visit Valencia as a weekend trip since you can get there by high speed train. Same with Mallorca/Ibiza - except you can get an inexpensive airfare. This with leave you with Andalucia and the Basque country. You could fly between the 2 and get a taste of each in 2 weeks.
Old Jan 26th, 2012, 10:16 AM
ira

Hi IPP,

>I need an itinerary! <

Sit yourself down in front of your computer and start to work.

You could begin with Spain under "Destinations".

Alternatively

I will prepare a customized itinerary for you if you agree to pay me $75 per hour.

Old Jan 26th, 2012, 01:23 PM

I'll do it for $70 per hour (just kidding)