ITALY WEDDING - SORRENTO HELP!!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19th, 2004, 06:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We loved Italy so much last year we decided to go back again this year to get married - just the two of us. Has anyone planned a wedding in the Amalfi area? I could use some help here....I have been looking at websites on wedding planning but there are so many that are SO expensive. We are taking care of all of our travel arrangements, all I need is someone to arrange the paperwork and ceremony. Any company recommendations? Has anyone planned all of this on their own? I would appreciated any advice/input on this. Can anyone recommend a beautiful, seaside location overlooking the sea below?

We are leaving for Italy September 1st. Plan to get married overlooking the sea - maybe in Sorrento. We will spend the rest of the 12 days in southern italy.

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 19th, 2004, 07:26 PM

There are a number of threads in this forum on this subject, many in which people share the names of the wedding planners they used.

I was married in Italy more than 15 years ago. Did all the planning and paperwork on our own. We married in Venice, but had a civil ceremony in "city hall" a palazzo overlooking the Grand Canal, so there were no special arrangements as to location.

The paperwork was straightforward for us to do on our own, since we live in NYC and have an Italian consulate. We had to obtain papers here, bringing friends along to sign them as well. In Italy we needed papers from a US consulate, which then had to be notarized at the prefettura. We took all papers to Venice to obtain the actual license and ceremony. (We had called a few months ahead to reserve a ceremony time so guests would know when to come.)

Since you hope for a special location and will need to arrange a judge, a planner may be to your benefit.
Old Mar 20th, 2004, 03:07 AM

Ciao,

I would recommend that you contact WWW.lacala.it who are based here on the Amalfi,and suggest that you explain at the outset exactly what services you require.

please send me an invite to the reception!
Old Mar 20th, 2004, 08:18 AM

please ignore the above website,it should have read WWW.lacalla.it

Good luck !
Old Mar 20th, 2004, 10:20 AM
rex

I almost hate to bring this up, because it may fill you with envy. but if you would like to see a website that depicts what might be the world's most perfect fairy tale Italian wedding, do to www.sharandkim.net

Unbelievable.

I have no idea if you can get any advice from this couple; I actually tried writing to the bride (with a question relevant to our own daughter's wedding - - which will NOT be in Europe) but got no answer. Can't fault her for that actually.

Whatever your decisions, congratulations on your new life in marriage...

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Mar 20th, 2004, 05:04 PM

You may want to contact Weddings Italy - our personal experience with them was very good.

weddingsitaly.com